Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[SmartTV][Other] Add Lyrics to TV

Add the option to see lyrics in the Smart TV. This option in available on Smartphones, but not on TV, where you can make a better use of them.

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-07-20

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Pukeberg

Amazing idea!

People would love to sing karaoke in front of their Apple TV, actually better suiting feature there than on smartphones.

cebravo94

I would love this! Looking forward to it.

Herbert45202
Spoiler

When it comes about lyrics Spotify’s competitors do an amazing job . For instance Deezer shows lyrics at the time a track is played. They are well synchronized and they look great. Sadly Spotify lacks of this great feature on TV as if they don’t care about their loyal users.

whyjonathan2

If there is a option to choose different way to show the lyrics would be great. And please make one dynamic animated lyrics, just like those lyrics speakers, that would be perfect for the party.

e-k

Deezer is way superior when it comes to lyrics. Spotify needs to catch up.

AkigawaRinko

The great idea. It's important to add lyrics to TV app.

The lyrics have been included in desktop and mobile app, and TV app recently updated which have new now playing UI, but it's not have lyrics, which looks strange. I think that add lyrics to the now playing UI will have the best vision.

djluiso

How many votes do you need to take action?

JonyMateos

I've been looking for a feature like this a long time ago.

At this time, smart TVs are very popular and we all know we spend most of the time at home right now. It would be super useful to have lyrics on Android TV while playing Spotify.

Apple has given priority to their Fitness+ app, which was something not even planned for now but it's important to find the needs. I think Spotify should do something similar, reorganise their plans and start thinking how can they fulfill needs and offer something highly required by the users. I know there is a powerful team behind so go for it 👍

gildesanti

Excellent idea! In my opinion, the design of the music player on Smart TV doesn't take advantage of the space of the screens, and including the lyrics would complement that space that is not filled.