Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
blake10000

I love how Spotify claims their support team can remove followers below the "Status Update" message. When I contacted support, I was received with: "unfortunately, it is not currently possible to remove followers". Wonderful. Spotify has no care for the concerns of its users.

nvinolo_02

Embarrassing, I can't believe it's been 8 years since Spotify's been exposing our info to thousands of random people. Shame on you!!

tatershum

Can we please have the option to block individual users? There are people who edit other’s playlists, or some who are just toxic. It should be an option to be able to block people on spotify. It’s an option on nearly every other community app

Piglet223

Yes please for this idea. I have people following me that I don’t want at all! It feels like a violation of privacy 😔

______________-

Spotify you should have the money and resources to make this happen.. listen to the people

kuhoo

It was my ex, who is still following me on Spotify and I just don't want them to see what I'm listening to or when I listened to what. I can't make them unfollow me and I cant block them. Reporting them, doesn't block them or make them unfollow me because they aren't violating any guidelines. But there should be an option to block someone.

Hello to all.

This post is here from  2013-03-03 12:07 PM  and its still not has been done and it is very frustrating.

Me and many people agreed on this topic so much.

To not have a option to delete or block people which following you is non sense and totally unsafe.

It's giving me feeling when someone is following me and I don't like to be in contact that person like Spotify is giving option to STALK PEOPLE ( it's happens a lot ).

I HOPE SPOTIFY TEAM WILL GET TO SENSE AND WILL UPDATE THIS BUG.

BTW 8 years and 14707 votes, still nothing. Ridiculous.

Please make it possible to block a specific user from following your profile and seeing/listening to your playlists. This is important to me as a Spotify member and for my account privacy. 

we need a block button for accounts we dont want to interact with