Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
powerlinelover

this is still a problem so many years later... spotify wyd?

They are sleeping, lol

mobagehell

Seriously this is so bothersome, I would have deleted my account and started a new one if I had not already spent 4 years personalizing my algorithm. Please do this, every single worthy social media has a block feature. Even a pre-historic one like facebook has it jfc. 

xxhye

This feature is a must. I have Spotify followers whom I don't even know.

I don't want them on my account, they are mostly inactive and just spam.

I want to keep my followers minimum, I know I'm not the only one who want this feature so please add this feature. Thanks.

New_Wave

For the  LORD. Please, put this idea to work! 😢

I HATE a person following me what I lesson. REALLY.

eevioli

Why is this still not a thing? I need to remove someone toxic from my followers and a collaborative playlist?? 😕

_ps

Spotify, please prioritize this.

sandraxmai

@ spotify wya ??

tkush15

PLEASE make this a feature!! I have been a loyal Spotify user for nearly 6 years and do not want to have to delete my account - I now have over 100 bot accounts following me (randomized letter names, no profile pic, following 2000+ people, etc) and there is no way to remove them.

not to mention having exes/strangers follow you. it is very creepy and this has nearly made me want to switch to Apple Music.

persianninja

It allows ex's to stalk you and see your state-of-mind by what kinda music listening to.
It allows them to see if you are online if actively listening to music (since you can't make Private Mode permanent), so if they are sending you texts at the same time they know you are actively avoiding them, further angering them.

I don't have these issues (as a man, we don't really worry about such things), but I would think women would be interested in this especially.

Spotify please fix; protect your users!