Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Social] Block Followers

I believe there should be a way to block people that are following you on Spotify. When blocked, the user will automatically unfollow you and will not be able to find you, or view your public playlists.

Blocking should be possible via both username and email address.

Liam

Updated on 2021-11-16

Hi everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Ideas Exchange, and sharing your votes and comments.

We’re pleased to confirm that all users now have the option to block another user on Spotify. With this update, you can actively block another user across desktop and mobile devices, preventing them from being able to see listening activity, public playlists, or view profile pages.

Here’s how it works:

• When visiting another user’s profile, click on the   (...) button.
  • Select “Block” (or “Block User” on mobile) to block the user whose profile you are viewing.
  • This user will now be blocked and cannot access your page, public playlists or view your listening activity.
  • To unblock a user, click the Unblock option in the same menu.

We're always working hard to provide the best possible Spotify experience in a safe environment.

Please see here for more information.

Comments
netheridge

you guys STILL haven't added hifi quality 🤣 release date (announced in February) of "later this year" is still technically achievable, just barely... 

sandraxmai

congrats everyone after 9 years of hard work, we finally got a block feature !!!

zigmas

Almost 10 years, but yeah. Thanks! 

JuliaGhoulia666

there should be a feature for viewing all accounts you've blocked in one place.

91by5o9sfvwjske7gv6

I want to be able to remove people who follow me on Spotify. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I currently do not see any option that allows removing someone from your follower list. The only want to remove someone as your follower is to block them, but I only want to remove this person, but not block them. 

abasia

hi Spotify, there is a bit of an issue with your blocking feature.

I have a person who is checking out my playlists and commenting on them. When i told her not to do it and that i will block her in case it happens again she blocked me first. Result is she can still peek in my playlists, even without unblocking me, but i cannot block her on my end (her profile is not detectable for me). 

I propose you change it in a way that profile is searchable, just no content visible. Also my content should not be visible for the person that blocked unless they unblock (giving me the chance to manage my privacy).

What do you say?

lolaintheblack

I agree - not being able to block the person that blocked us doesn't make sense because that's the first thing stalkers will do once they find out it's possible on Spotify - stalking without being seen!

Dell_Ray
Hi, I don't see a way to do that, only unfollow them or block. Sorry, I
looked through the FAQ, community forums and in the app.
S_Lilja

I still can't block people. The option to block is not showing up in the phone app (Samsung Galaxy S10). Is the feature gone? 

ParentalControl

We can now finally block not only followers but also turn off the follower and following lists from showing on our public profiles: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/privacy-and-social-controls/