Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
sonic_sr

I am a premium user. In my home we have both the 360 and 1. While my son is gaming on 1, I am left with the 360. I wish it we're available for the 360 as well. If not while gaming, it would be great to hear from other than my cellphone. 😞

williamhales321

why can't it come to xbox 360 as well as xbox one? I really think you should include it on the xbox 360 as you would be reaching alot of people. It's already a shame that Microsoft have discontinued the xbox 360 and part of Xbox one s consoles. But yeah I think you(spotify) should introduce the app on xbox 360!

Cheers,

XXXXXXX

tsholder8

I'm having issues with my Xbox one S not showing up on available devices on my Samsung note 8. They are connected to the same network via a Buffalo Air Station Wi-Fi router.

cm508d

I want to add that, somehow, by magic?, the sound is now coming out in all 6 speakers when playing music through Spotify on my XBox One. What can I say? Multiple restarts, over a period of several days, may have help? I thought I was going to need to purchase an AV Reveicer but it looks like the mariage between my XBox One and my lowly Samsung Home Theater is finally consumed!!! Thank you ALL for contributing your help.

DJChad

Hi, would really like to have cross-fade on Xbox ONE - have looked through the settings but not available.  Would be a nice compliment for continual playing - can't have 'dead-air' between songs...seriously 😉

Knizeski

Works great except I'm getting advertisements even though it's linked to my premium account.

thijsennathalie

Hi there,

I have a Xbox one and installed the Spotify app. For some reason i’m not able to get any sound. Removed and installed IT several times but problem remains the same. How can I fix this?

Tameresuce

darn you suck Spotify. Just **bleep** you seriously your Xbox one app sucks hard. Go **bleep** yourselves.

TuanLVT
Switch to ps4 lol... It's the same app there
Wester87

No.. There is NOTHING wrong with the app. I ise it every day... I think the user that complained may have issues though..