Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Xbox One app

I'm aware that a large majority of Spotify users won't be gamers but with Microsoft's latest console, the Xbox One, do you think it'd be possible to get a Spotify app? Now that it's possible to multi-task and stream while you game the opportunity to gain new monthly subscribers is massive.

It's already possible as seen with Microsofts new service "Xbox Music" which features heavily in the new console. I know I'd definitely use the app if there was one. Anyone else?

Updated on 2017-08-09

Massive news in the Community today. We're implementing the second largest idea request for all of you.

xbox 2.jpg

Spotify is now available on Xbox One in 34 markets* around the world. The new integration means that millions of Xbox One gamers can now choose the perfect music from Spotify to provide a fresh soundtrack for every gaming session.

Spotify allows you to personalize your gaming experience through your saved music, pre-curated gaming playlists and the full catalogue of Spotify music in the background, while in game. Simply play music on demand, whether you are a free or Premium Spotify user. Creating your personalised gaming soundtrack has never been so simple.

For more information check out https://www.spotify.com/xbox/ and our FAQ here

*AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GR, HK, HU, IE, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, SG, SK, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, UK, US

Thanks for your continued feedback here, we're listening!

Comments
Wester87
Insider for Xbox yes.. But not for the Spotify app itself. There is no Lossless Audio on Spotify. Atleast not yet.
RuckerSynder

SPOTIFY XBOX APP

<Your Music>

<Your Songs>

Listed with small artwork icons instead. Including song length, and playlist/save buttons

aadrian

In the latest update of Spotify app you've added the 5.1 sound system supports. Now Spotify can play on all speakers in 5.1 and 7.1 systems. Is it possible to add an option to choose between stereo and surround? I understand that many of users have been waiting for surround sound support but I am pretty sure that there are still a lot of users who would prefer to listen music in Stereo. Now the surround sound is forced and you have to change Xbox sound output settings to Stereo for listening music and changing it back to surround for wathing movies and playing games which is very inconvenient.

jeremyflikkema

Just an idea but It would be nice to see your followers within the app on xbox. It would also be awesome if users could search and follow people from the app as well. All in all more social funtionality is needed and would only increase usage in my opinion. 

BrendanTCC

Amazing... Now they just need to implement an Xbox 360 version.

Zero0Cool

The app has Been out awhile now and, it's very basic and simple. Would love a polish/rewamp. Example; Option same as phone app or pc with settings and system. And maybe this is Microsoft doing but showing others what we listen to, not a huge issue the last part but would be awesome. Other then that it's very nice to have on my Xbox. Thanks👍🙏

GTAgomez1

WE WANT THE SPOTIFY APPLICATION FOR XBOX 360!

81d.png

I mean, it's not that I don't have money to buy an Xbox One (I don't have money) but the PS3 has an application, we also deserve that.

Anemaet

Very nice app and for the first few months it worked perfectly for me and I used it all the time.
However, since 4/5 weeks the Spotify volume is suddenly so low on my xbox that I cannot hear the music in games. When I set the volume in spotify it is already maxxed out so I have no idea what it could be. Especially because the rest of all the apps (youtube, games, menu's, etc.) do use the correct system volume.
I could set the volume higher when im only listening to spotify but the I risk blowing out my soundsystem when i switch to another channel because the volume difference is so massive, so thats not preferable. Does someone have the same experiences?

Blue_Blue

Can we get a like button on the game's overlay? I hate having to launch Spotify mid game in an online match to like a song.

Jain-Hutchison

Juat want to give a kudos shout out.

When I was first encouraged by Microsoft to migrate my music choices from Microsoft Groove to Spotify, I was intrepid on the level of development and support on the Microsoft ecosystem. 

Spotify has proven itself to date to have been a wise choice.

Currently I am enjoying the new interface changes to the display while using Spotify on my XBox One X.