Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Discount in Australia

I propose the student discount available in USA to be available in Australia. It is very much needed.

Who's with me?
Comments
vickdrops
yes please! I love premium, but on a student budget, I can't afford to keep paying 11.99 a month. A student discount would be so much easier on budgeting, and would make me love Spotify even more! if this is implemented, please make it for all students- not just for university students, like Apple does.
brendanconder

if one can impliment it in australia, i say impliment it for the world.

but instead of yearly emails for "confirmation" that you are still a student, i say 6-monthly

or even better.

1. have a sign up process
2. have it detailed where you enter your student start date, and projected END date.
3. upon END date arrival, send an email to both a. Student and b. School / University / study place, where as it both confirms with the student if they're still attending, and for fool proof means to avoid exploitation, have the current place of study confirm if you are still a student. WITH THE PLACE OF STUDY sending in photographic Identification, so even further exploiting is avoided.

very easy!

Shapez64

2 months free with Apple Music?

Sounds a lot better than spending the $25... with a budget like this, perhaps a switch may be the best thing after all...

brendanconder

@Shapez64 Apple Music?.. Sounds like a sell out.

I will not touch apple music.

Shapez64

@brendanconder neither would I otherwise, this service has been fantastic for me but money is tight and my brand loyalty is worth coin..

jocon128
We need student discounts for Australia! Spotify is my favourite way to listen to music everywhere.
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-02-16

Thanks for your feedback everyone, we also think this is a good idea. We will update you all here if there is any news regarding student discounts in Australia. 

nickpsan

The only reason I'm not premium is because of the price. As a uni student, if it were discounted I would sign up immediately. 

Sokrith

I'm fully going with this... can anyone let me know when this change may be update?

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it
Updated: 2016-03-08

Thanks for your feedback everyone, we also think this is a good idea. We will update you all here if there is any news regarding student discounts in Australia. 

We'd like to add that you can get 6 months of Spotify Premium as a student opening an account at the Australian bank St. George. You can find more info here, plus Terms and Conditions here.