Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Google Play Payment

Please make the option to use Google play credit to pay for things on Spotify. I would like to buy premium but I am not able to since I don't have any of the payment methods. I have money on my phone in the play store. Please make it available to people like me. Thanks you.

Updated on 2022-03-25

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community!

We’re excited to let you know that this has been implemented! Users who have downloaded Spotify from the Google Play Store will have the option to pay with either Spotify’s current payment system or with Google Play Billing.

For more information visit the related Newsroom article here.

Comments
Johan14

Should have an option to pay premium through google play for people who do not have credit or debit card

cbruessler

You can buy gift cards (in some countries)

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-05-22

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

I would like Spotify paid through Google play, supports the idea.

blake
Status changed to: Up for Votes
Updated: 2016-06-07

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

senaca

I'd also like to see this. I have google play credits I'm not using for anything. Using them for spotify premium would be good.

whiznufm

Hi Spotify ...

Why it takes time so long ?

Is It impossible for you to implement google pay ?

Or you can't do it cause you unable to make it hapen ?

Invghost

This is the only way I will purchase spotify and the same goes for many friends I know. You're losing out on revenue here.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-11-18

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!