Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount iDeal Payment for the Netherlands

Hello Spotify,

Students in the Netherlands mostly pay with iDEAL, we don't have a CC. It is possible to pay with iDEAL for a regular premium subscription but not for the 'student discount subscription'. Can iDEAL be added as payment option?

Thank you,
Students from the Netherlands 

UPDATE: We have reached 100 votes! Thank you all! But we aren't there yet. I want iDEAL, we want iDEAL! Share this idea and let your friends/family/neighbors vote!

UPDATE2: Apperently a Spotify Community Manager made a mistake by updating this idea to 'Not Right Now'. I'm trying to get in contact with 

Updated on 2018-07-27

Hey folks! 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on this idea in the Community.

We're happy to announce that it's now possible to pay via iDEAL in the Netherlands, for the student discount.

If you're eligible for the discount, it just became even easier to get rocking!

Thanks,
/M

Comments
fenna

Exactly the same problem! recently canceled my spotify premium to switch to student premium, but can't switch not because I don't have a CC :/. Ideal please! 

aerylia

As a dutchy, I think it is stupid to not implement iDeal in the first place. Creditcards are not widely used in the Netherlands and definitely not among students. I'd understand if they'd only use iDeal for non-discounted subscriptions, but you can pay for the Family discount with iDeal.

As a programmer, I can say that if they implemented it correctly, it would not have been a lot of work to add this functionality.

As a student, this really sounds like a bull**bleep** excuse to have less students get the discount they are eligible to. If you don't want a discount, don't make the discount...

As a data scientist, lost some respect for Spotify.

Justin010

Schandalige promotiestunt Spotify! Lekker schraal bezig...

brianherman

Most students in the Netherlands don't have a credit card and CAN'T even get one unless they have a job. It's possible to pay the normal price with iDEAL but when it comes to buying the student subscription, it's suddenly no longer available? This is ridiculous, might as well go for another provider if Spotify is incompetent enough to find a quick solution for this. Sorry, but this is the reality. 😕

sabrina_D

YES PLEASE. This would be great

YoelK

Guys and gals at Spotify, please. This can't be too hard... it's been possible for Dutch residents to pay for their Spotify subscription since forever. Why not make it available for student subscriptions too? You'll get lots of new student members, I'm sure. A 50% discount is a big deal, thanks anyway!

matthijswe

Dit ja!

basmerlijn

please change it, I really want spotify premium but can't miss 10 euro. If I could pay the premium for students with IDEAL I would do it.

pim1705

Same here!

Niamh97

So we've reached over 200 votes, how many votes do we needin order to make iDeal payment possible?

I hounestly think you will have many more subscribtions when this is finally an option.