Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume normalization for mobile devices.

It sucks to have my ears blown out when I'm in the middle of riding my bike...

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey folks, you should all see an "Enable Audio Normalization" option under your Playback settings in the Android and iOS Spotify apps. Thanks for giving us your feedback here!

Comments
Semmel

More people, more pressure.. so here I go: Please solve this issue. As specially in Cars this is frustrating. 

TheFabGinger

Please can you revisit this idea?!  I and several friends really want it to happen!! Smiley Happy

pollogarza

is there any solution yet? I'm using spotify in an  iPod in a restaurant and i'm really considering using another app couse of this. Thanks

Klaas1

I like to suggest to make this setting "server based: or "account based". It works fine on a PC, it does not work on a mobile. Once fixed on a mobile it will not work on my WD TV Plus. I am sure there are many many devices ... why not provide an option to set this at "user level" rather than "device level".

Also - and I hope I do not offend anyone - it seems people have been having issues with this for years now. Rather then marking it "Not right now", maybe it is time to take the input of your clients more serious because users might walk away? I love your service, but have to reach for the volume button once every 15 minutes or so frustrates me.

pollogarza

Just started using an app caled Pacemker. They say they have " built in audio normalisation when playing songs back so the volume should be consistant"

So I'll try it and hope it works.

jordanj149
I would like this also, it's very irritating to listen to an album and the next track is quieter!
cerwjb

I agree this is really a bummer.  I listen by the pool and the neighbors complain.  I set volume on first track and then the next one comes blasting out.

Please fix this?

VitosX
Hey, I just found normalization toggle in current Android version 3.7.0.833 of Spotify, what a surprise! I can't find any release notes about it though... or did I miss something?
Somebody
Also appeared in iOS version 4.0.0.919! Think it was added back silently.
martingasa

I agree, I can set up properly my volume on my Samsung Galaxy s5. When some songs starts the volumen decreases 30%. There is a lot of difference between the PC soft and the android soft. Please put a "set personal volume" or someting like that, Poweramp on Android has this option and it rules!