Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume normalization for mobile devices.

It sucks to have my ears blown out when I'm in the middle of riding my bike...

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey folks, you should all see an "Enable Audio Normalization" option under your Playback settings in the Android and iOS Spotify apps. Thanks for giving us your feedback here!

Comments
VitosX

You must be referring to some another odd volume behavior, because normalization option (which this thread is about) is already there on both PC and Android versions.

gtyellojacket

I just checked the Playback settings for Spotify on my iPhone and there is now a toggle switch to "Enable Audio Normalisation"!

This has been such a huge issue for iPhone owners and yet to my knowledge there has been no public notification that this much-desired feature has returned.  I can't believe Spotify has not disseminated this news far and wide!

Everyone rejoice!

Jaramillo

PLEASE make this happen. Spotify, you have tremendous power to STOP THE LOUDNESS WARS !!! 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2017-11-10

Hey folks, you should all see an "Enable Audio Normalization" option under your Playback settings in the Android and iOS Spotify apps. Thanks for giving us your feedback here!

TonePrincessVal

well it is bad to have your ears blown out but some people like there msic loud i mean i do just turn down the volume. I would put ads on ear protection like something about hearing loss.

BootstrapBill

I would like to report that the Spotify premium ads are not normalized as neither are any of the ads for that matter, for example; if the stereo is playing at 65 decibels my decimal meter spikes 74 with an ad, and if amplifier output is nominally at 300, the odds are commonly Spike output to over 360. In the audio settings volume has been normalized as suggested, this is had no effect. Even limiting specific band widths of sound has helped with tonality but not overall volume increase. this can cause serious damage to people's hearing and probably has, edit my own personal vehicle it has blown out two sets of brand new kicker 6 by 9 speakers, to a tune of $140. I have video of this complete with decibel readings on a standardized meter. 

eglinski

Volume normalisation is in the settings and generally enabled by default.