Way to prevent duplicates in playlists.

I have big playlists, and would like a built in way to prevent duplicates from occuring in my playlists.  This could be an option to prevent, or select/hide duplicates.

Update 2015-03-17

Hello everyone. Spotify here. With the latest release of the Desktop app, this feature is now available across Desktop, iOS and Android. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 16.42.29.png

Related Ideas

Comments
Robvanwees

Agree. I never understood why Spotify lets you put multiple copies of the same track in one playlist.

tanthanna
Spotify Legend

I've had this problem since I started using Spotify ages ago. :) 
I think it's a matter of how many playlists you have and how much you use Spotify. For me, and I think all the others users who have all their music and playlists in Spotify, this is a huge problem and much needed feature.

What you can do today is to sort the playlist in artist or title, and check manually for multiple songs. But as soon as it gets more then 20 songs in a playlist I have a problem keeping track of them.. And I want to keep my order, not sort them by something else. 

That leads me to another thing that would be great to have: a Locking playlist order button.
Imagine how much time you spend in sorting your music in another order than when added and you want to keep it that way. A locking playlist order button would be awesome. 

Joker
Casual Listener

It is indeed very annoying that duplicates can not easily be removed, such a feature is really needed.

mvdv

I seriously can't believe Spotify hasn't added this feature yet! It's been requested for such a long time now!

Add this asap!

cyx

Hey guys,

I would be awesome if you could prevent double entries in playlists by default.

OR

Show the currently assigned playlists of a song in the result pages or album pages as an extra column.

OR

Do both ;-)

Thanks, great work so far!

Richard
Roadie
talesref
Casual Listener

This shoulda been done for ages, come on, Spotify Staff!

orangeshdow

Right click playlist- remove duplicates. 

Or/And

Highlight songs- right click- remove duplicates        

this would make me {And most users} very happy

licenced
Community Legend

@orangesgdow - merged your idea with this one as it's essentially the same

Spooky
Music Fan

@orangeshdow: it would be much more convenient if you could optionally choose to prevent duplicates from being added to a playlist in the first place. Either globally or only for specific playlists.

I was a bit disappointed, that the Playlist and Search features of Spotify are very basic and a little bit lacking :(. Hopefully this feature will be added soon... 4 years later ;)