Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Way to prevent duplicates in playlists.

I have big playlists, and would like a built in way to prevent duplicates from occuring in my playlists.  This could be an option to prevent, or select/hide duplicates.

Update 2015-03-17

Hello everyone. Spotify here. With the latest release of the Desktop app, this feature is now available across Desktop, iOS and Android. Thanks for the feedback. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 16.42.29.png

Comments
Cjyoung1

are you accepting new hit records to your big playlist ? 

https://open.spotify.com/album/0nvhOVCNbMXUYgOn4eviDZ

if so i have sent you a spoitfy link for my song "ARTHRITIS" FT . PnB Rock

i hope you dig it !!!

ParentalControl

This features has not been implemented in Web Player so not it's not been implemented.

Ting-t

@ParentalControl wrote:

This features has not been implemented in Web Player so not it's not been implemented.

Meet the same problem in web player, hope it can be fixed asap

hariballz

I just joined and started making my first playlist using Chrome. It let me add 5 of the same song in a row, so obviously not implemented in the browser! Will try it on my iPhone to see if it works there.

needforname

Why hasn't Spotify done anything about this? There are literally dozens, if not hundreds of users complaining about blatant oversights, yet nothing is ever changed. And when something is fixed, it's only on one device. 

Here's another stupid oversight by Spotify... no ability to delete a song from a playlist on my iphone. Why???? Do workers at Spotify not even use there own **bleep** product? Why would this be needed? Well, because people's music tastes change, or we get tired of hearing a particular song, or a band does something stupid and we no longer want to hear from them, or we added a song we though we liked but no longer.

There is also no way to add a song to multiple playlists at a time. For those of us with a dozen playlists, adding a song to 5 different lists is VERY annoying and VERY time consuming. A simple fix would be to display all playlists and allowing the user to select all playlists to add a track to. It's not rocket science Spotify. You should hire me to help. I have a ton of ideas to make software better. If only someone would listen.

NedraW

I came here to request what I see many many others have already requested for years that still is not implemented (though it seems to be checked off as done). I love Spotify and the only thing that would make it better is a way to prevent me from adding the same song to a playlist. Is it really so hard to do? But after seeing that so many people's requests have gone unanswered, I'm not hopeful that it will happen. Surprise me?

needforname

Yep, still no way to prevent duplicates, still no way to delete a track from a playlist on my iPhone, and still no way to add a track to multiple playlists at once and save a ton of time. All blatantly obvious features to add to Spotify, yet hundreds of requests by sane users seem to continuously fall on deaf ears of the Spofity team who apparently don't care what their customers think. It's not like these are off the wall requests. It's common sense. I guess the folks at Spotify don't even use their own software, because if they did they'd realize these omissions are stupid.

FonsekSpotify

I am an active user of the online version, I think this should be a default (who would be interested in have the same sogn twice on a list?)

VantroiOne

@LakeWorthB wrote:

I have big playlists, and would like a built in way to prevent duplicates from occuring in my playlists.  This could be an option to prevent, or select/hide duplicates.

The duplicate songs not working well, because if the song is in another album name at the same artist the song is added, never check the name correctly, if the song is studio or live is correct but the same song fails, we need an option to process the playlist and delete duplicates 

literakl

2019 and still not there!