Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Spotify Connect for Web Player

Hi, I know this idea has been on here before but I think its a great idea to include the web app in Connect. Would help me alot with my servers at home etc. Anyone know if its under development?

Cheers

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey everyone,

since a while Spotify Connect is available as a Premium Feature for the Web Player. 🙂

Comments
9franz9

Yesss please connect on web player....

qw4z1

This would be awesome to have. My use case is the office where we have a Spotify Business account playing music all day long through but I don't want to keep logging out from my personal account to log in with the business acount on my phone.

arzka

Another one with Chromebook and Spotify Connect enabled active speakers I'd love to use to play music from the web player. 

JungleEditor

I've recently noticed that music can be cast from Spotify's Web Player in a chrome tab to Google Chromecast Audio, connected to a stereo system. That is on Chrome OS, with  the 'Google Cast' extension installed - have not tested for Chrome on other platforms.

klaernie

After all the webclient is the only one allowed at some companies - so why is this player treated second class? After all it's the only one working on practically every platform, so why should it be impossible to control from everywhere?

LordBertus
Totally agree, I'm also on a chromebook and this is the only feature I really miss on the web player.
murillopvp

Please make this update. I have an automation system and this will be nice for my clients!!!

vegasmassimo

Dear Spotify ..

I have been paying for Premium for over a year ...  I am also a huge advocate for Spotify with Facebook - HiFi Audio Streaming ...  and the many other streaming media sites...  but that might need to stop

I have several audio systems and use Google Chromecast Audio to get wireless play from any device to any of the 5 systems in my house or to group them together for whole house sound.

The inability to use the power of a desktop or laptop computer and have it send to wireless devices is complete and total BS... and this is some poor management planning.

The current solution – use my desktop to make a playlist – then use a dedicated tablet to send that playlist to Chromecast Audio ...

Plugging 2000 watts of audio directly into a headphone jack is not a smart idea... you ever hear “You’ve Got Mail” at 118db right in the middle of your favorite concert.

Slacker Premium requires no special app/program/interphase - it simply works... I can send playlist from ANY device (computer {Apple or PC}, Tablet or Phone) to ANY Wi-Fi receiving device...  this is a MUST...

I can’t imagine you don’t have a simple desktop web player or streaming channel... the ridiculously overly complex app you seem married too will be the undoing being taking seriously as a fun and useful streaming source...  you have turned yourselves into Photoshop – a bloated trying to do everything super program and pissing off users by making it too complex to use.

SteinBlut

This is absolutely ridiculous! You can't just neglect a Web-Application. For a lot of your clients nowadays web and mobile is the only way they access their music. For some of us there isn't acutally any other option. 

You can't tell me it is that hard to implement Spotify Connect (which by the way is an awsome feature) for the Web-Client. After all its working for the spotify widget in the browser already.

As written hundreds of times before, a chromebook is currently an amazing option to use as a media-center. But with a Web Application like this (it's also really bugy sometimes) Spotify isn't an option.

Please at least tell us what the current situation is with this feature!

obfuscurity

Oh come on, Spotify. Your lack of consistency across clients is maddening. You release Daily Mix for mobile clients. Great! You refuse to release it for Mac (native) or Web clients. Dang.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Daily-mix-not-showing-on-web-app/idi-p/1456742

So I use Spotify Connect to play from my phone to the Mac (so I can use my good headphones). Oh wait, now I discover that your native Mac client is **bleep** that churns through SSDs.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Spotify-killing-my-SSD/td-p/136537...

So my next choice... Connect to Web client. Oh wait, that's not supported either?

JFC, your ecosystem is a **bleep**-show. You have no empathy for your users, as proven through the endless forum posts that are closed as WONTFIX or MAYBESOMEDAYBUTNOTREALLY.