Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Spotify Connect for Web Player

Hi, I know this idea has been on here before but I think its a great idea to include the web app in Connect. Would help me alot with my servers at home etc. Anyone know if its under development?

Cheers

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey everyone,

since a while Spotify Connect is available as a Premium Feature for the Web Player. 🙂

Comments
89beep

Hopefully Spotify will implement this but judging by the fact they are so far behind with their development that they haven't even gone to html5 yet and ditched flash for their web player, I can't see this happening anytime soon.

Very Disappointed!

TheScottymo

I use the Spotify Web Player at Uni (because I simply cannot install the desktop app) and would like to be able to control it with my phone. pls do the thing.

dobs9

Looks like this was added and implemented - can someone update this thread?

bambafy

Desde su ultima actualización la app desktop y el play.spotify web desde un browser, se hace imposible escuchar un tema completo sin tener saltos o cortes en la canción. Por favor revisen esto cuanto antes porque es la primera vez que me dan ganas de dejar de contratar su servicio. 

Aclaro que no es la conexión ni mi computadora, uso otro tipos de streammings competencia de uds y andan perfecto, ademas de youtube, netflix y demas. 

Solución ya!

gracias.

kjetilho

yes, this was implemented, and I came here to request a way to disable this.

when I go to the web player, I go there to play music on my local headphones.  I don't want Spotify to start blaring out music in my empty car 🙂  so a simple solution would be to pre-select local playback whenever I open a Spotify app.  I can switch to controlling car (or whatever) playback when needed.  (the same issue arises with the Android app.)

JungleEditor

Dear Spotify development team

It works well. Many thanks for implementing this suggestion!

Marco
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey everyone,

since a while Spotify Connect is available as a Premium Feature for the Web Player. 🙂