Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
gabrielpiasseta

I still can't see the artists that I have saved songs.

This has not been implemented. 

You guys were able to get the customers (or old ones like me) even angrier, don't say that something is implemented if it isn't.

aruai

It wasn't one of us (users) who said it, IT WAS A COMMUNITY MANAGER FROM SPOTIFY who announced that it has been implemented. Just go back to page 33 of this thread and you will see.

Before blaming people, learn how to read and know what you're talking about.

malangrick

I don't where anyone is 'blaming' other users.  Everyone is just complaining that the Community Manager has changed the status to 'implemented' when it hasn't been.

For everyone's info, I've worked on Help Desks that work "tickets" or "issues" or whatever terminology you want to use.  Let's use the term "issue".  An issue number was generated for this complaint and there have now been 14 months  and 30+ pages of negative posts about it.  Spotify does not want to have "issues" open forever so they will periodically go back and review them to see if the problem has been resolved.  In this case, this Community Manager reviewed the issue, clearly did NOT understand it, and decided to mark it implemented which takes off of Spotify's concerns list.  They will probably never look at this thread again no matter how many more comments are added to it.  It's dead.  They're not bringing it back.  We all need to either use a different service or get over it.

gabrielpiasseta

As I said months ago, Amazon Music has this feature.

jonny00490
Juntaka

@gabrielpiasseta

You have never been able to see your saved songs from the Artist page. This refers to Your Library -> Artists.s

It's been well over a year since I was last here. I really don't see what changed. Spotify's library is still beyond broken.

No individual song download

Requirement to follow artists for basic sorting functionality

Missing filters

The unbelievably annoying and pointless Liked Songs playlist.

Ugh

WoundedB

When I click artists it goes to their page. I want to see the songs I saved. I’ve had two friends leave Spotify to Apple Music for this. I had just come to it and assumed it’s a bug that will be fixed. No one could have the user at mind when designing this new ui. Giving it a month or two. If no changes I’m switching. Real shame as Spotify has its algorithms down. What a mess.. does anyone know if Spotify are planning to change it back? 

Deadjim

@WoundedB They first released that change near the start of last year. Knew a lot of people who left Spotify because of it. They have also shot down all ideas on this site referring to it. So i highly doubt they will change it back.

öäüß

I know this might be considered littering or something, but REALLY ...: Here you can vote

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Saved-music-sorted-by-Artist/...

(many thanks jonny00490 )

Juntaka

@WoundedB Not sure what you mean because you should have saved songs in Your Library -> Artists if you have  'Liked' an entire album or individual song. You have to 'Follow' the artist if you want to see the Artists alphabetically.