Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
benh57

I understand this odd UI/UX/strategy decision was implemented again, since when I go to an artist from my library I'm taking to their page versus songs of theirs I've saved.

I'd like to stress that the ability for all artists of songs you save to your library should be listed on an artists list automatically, and clicking an artist name from your library should show all of their songs. This is a basic function of any music app or service and is annoying enough to make me reconsider Apple Music.

Quit trying to force use of the app / service in a way that is not natural. People will search and find new music on their own or through curated playlists, etc.

ChrisA1999
Totally agree with this.
joshfeucht

Says this was implemented, but didn't see it take effect for me on mobile or desktop. I uninstalled Spotify from both my Andriod Phone and Window's computer, reinstalled them and VIOLA! I can see all my artists. It was wonderful to be able to choose songs from this function again! But, the next time I opened up Spotify (again in both platforms) all my artists are gone and it's just showing the ones I follow....again. Like it reverted back.

It says this was fixed by being "implemented" on 5/12/20. It's 6/4/20 and I still don't see it unless I completely uninstall and reinstall the app. Please help.

öäüß

I am baffled, as I was so happy to finally being able to see the artists again ... and now the page is empty again. wth is wrong with spotify???

This is Page nr. 35 of this thread, and I have read through at least 99% of the posts, and haven't seen a single comment liking that f****d up scheme taking information away from the user.

Are you spotify guys all sitting on your hands and ears or what???

ChrisA1999
Bringing it back... then taking it away again...is that Spotify playing a
joke?

Alphabetical Artist Library was so logical to use before.
mgambino-us

Not sure why this was changed, also I didn't read through all 35 pages....so I don't know if the work around has been mentioned.

I had to go through and "Follow" every Artist for songs saved on my account, once that was done....my Artist is now populated with an Artist icon with every song I have ever liked from that artist in one spot.

It was a pain in the rear to do it considering all the songs I had saved....because you need to scroll down your liked list to make sure you have "Followed" all the artist you have.

Why Spotify does not just add a button too "Follow all liked songs" I don't know, it's just coding that can be done.

Hope this helps.

nmuy-a4hiq_d

I encountered the problem that this voting was concerning for the first time today (both on Android and Windows 10), so it most definitely doesn't seem to be implemented. It really sucks to be unable to play liked songs from particular artists all together. None reinstallation helped

ailvara

Wow, when I saw it implemented I almost jumped in joy and instantly decided to go back... Looks like I've been cheated ://///

macswellcoffee

I can't believe it's been a year and we're still going "know what would be a cool feature? One that you already had." As soon as I learn how to emulate my library in Apple Music, I'm making the switch.

Lsucaldwell73

I cannot fathom how Spotify could even think removing this feature would be acceptable. If it is not fixed and returned by next week I will be switching to Apple Music.