Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Add & Remove Content separately (Artist, Album, Songs)

I am really enjoying the new update that I received earlier today that adds the "Your Music" area to Spotify, but I would like to throw out some ideas to help make the feature more enjoyable.

While using the new + feature to add songs to the songs list in the "Your Music" area I noticed that it also adds the artist and the album to their respected areas. You should be able to remove an album and/or artist from their list without it removing that specific song from it's list. This feature should be implemented for the song, artist, and album section.

Example:

If I click the new + symbol on the song: "Bun B - Get Throwed", it will add it to the song, artist, and album list in the new "Your Music" section.

If I remove that song from the "song" list in the "Your Music" area it will remove the song from the artist and album list as well.
If I remove that album from the "album" list in the "Your Music" area it will remove the song and artist list as well.

If I remove that artist from the "artist" list in the "Your Music" area it will remove the song and album list as well.

I should be able to edit and arrange these individual list to my liking. If I want a "Bun B" track in my song list, but not in my album and artist list I should have the ability to do so.

Updated on 2019-06-25

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your vote to this idea. 

The recent update to Spotify has changed the way liking things works that now reflect this idea.

Liking an album or song won’t automatically follow the artist, but you can follow them from their artist profile and find Recommended artists to follow in Your Library where you can follow them with one tap.

If you'd like to know more about the changes to the app, you can check out the article here.

Thanks 💚

Comments
Frankthetank345
This has been implemented long time ago.
I think you're confusing it.
(First, update Spotify)
If you select an album and like it (next to the play button) it will appear under albums. The single songs within that album will not be liked and do not appear under your songs. Your last screenshot is not showing songs but artists. Since you are following depeche mode, depeche mode will be under followed artisted. And there you will find all songs of that artist. But you can see it from there: the song of your liked album are not liked separately (no filled heart before the song title, except the ones you actually liked seperately).
Followed artists: all activity of that artist
Liked Songs: all separately liked songs
Liked Albums: all liked albums, including all songs of that album

Best