Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Android][Podcasts] Adding indivdual Podcasts to Playlists

The option to save, bookmark or add an individual podcast show to a playlist would be nice to have. I'm actually somewhat surprised that this functionality isn't available. 

Updated on 2019-09-06

Hey folks, 

Thanks for adding your votes to this idea.

It's now possible to add Podcasts to playlists on iOS and Android. Just head to a podcast, click the three dots on the episode you want and select 'Add to Playlist'. 

2019-09-06.jpg

Thanks again!

Comments
aga-szymanska

Hello, It has been a long time since this issue was raised and seems like spotify doesn't care.  I switched to Castbox, and it has been great! It is a lot cheaper than Spotify (about $15 a year! ) and they actually have real people on their support team that reply and answer any question. Spotify has been a shame recently, I am really surprised people still use it as a main streaming service, I hope they will me more and more alternatives on the market soon.

acgoodall

Glad they added BUT this does not work for News podcasts, like NPR Now and BBC Minute.

I would like to put together a playlist of latest news podcasts.

But either the podcast doesn't allow you to add those to a play list or you can only add an individual podcast and not the channel for latest stream.

krikelin
This isnt true, I can add episodes of news podcasts to my playlists
siberiantiger1

Would like to be able to do this on my desktop computer as well. 

reiah

How do you do this on the Spotify desktop??  Ridiculously hard to do. 

jb77_

I think this feature needs some tweaking. When you add a podcast to a playlist, it seem to just add the episode and once you listen to it it gets dropped from the list. I expected to have the most recent episode from the podcast each time i play the list.

lmfurmanski

I want to be able to put episodes I love of different podcasts together in a saved location/ playlist. I don't want to have to download all the ones I love in order to find them. This is years in the making Spotify - what gives? 

flypaperninja

Why is this STILL unavailable on desktop???? And why am I finding that there's a pattern of updating one platform but not the others to match? It's extremely reasonable to expect that you can do the same things and see the same information on mobile and desktop.

Scvairy

It cannot be done on desktop. I can't remove podcast from playlist neither add podcast to it. In context menu there are only Add to Queue and Share.

someonecares

This is great, and sorely needed, so thank you very much, but please make it so it also works from the desktop.  Everyone, please upvote the idea that speaks to this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Podcasts-Add-Podcast-shows-to-your-own-playlists...