Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
michanbg

jesus f*ckin' christ, where have you been the last months? 😂 there would have been much less trouble and anger if there was any sign of development or some minor information 😅

thanks for your work 👍

joe_main
Hallelujah! We can all go back to liking Spotify again!

Can’t wait to test this out
danverbiest

Well done. Too late for me, however, but also the lack of communication to users has nailed the coffin. Apple Music will keep me now. Enjoy the feature everyone!

SaniCro

To late. As I said a few months ago, I will be forced to switch and I switched. I won’t drag my family thru the same hassle again (I have a family plan) and go back. I liked Spotify very much but I never experienced such a level of disrespect from a company towards its users. They could have at least announce it so that we would know they are working on it but not even that have they done. So I voted with my wallet and left. 

saintscar

Same here. I still have almost a year pre-paid left, but that's only used by my sister - i'm already on Apple One and after pre-paid time the rest of the family will be.

Again: that happened ONLY because of ignoring and not announcing the functionality will come at all. I'd have waited otherwise. You (Spotify) should really stop such behavior.

MattSuda

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

lou138

Great stuff. And should work also on my grandpa apple 3 watches, yay!

ok Spotify, now what is the timeline for the HomePod support pls ?

AlexandreRS

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Your time was running out! Your deadline was just when my free apple music subscription ended.

Kuruderu

What a Load of cr*p. They implemented "download playlists to watch" and changed this to "implemented". ENTIRELY!!!! ignoring the second and, for some, far more important element. STREAMING VIA WATCH ONLY.!!!

DesignByAdrian

The mad lads did it. They finally did it!

Looking forward to the update!