Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
kamenrider1

Streaming via cellular is already implemented.

listenup87

Seriously. One of the main reasons I bought an Apple Watch with wifi/cellular capabilities was so I could listen to music (e.g., Spotify Premium) without schlepping my iPhone around. Now I have to wait for this to become available to everyone, while my running partner was able to connect immediately. I refuse to set up an Apple Music account, or buy Apple AirPods, or dump $$ into anything else Apple just to get this feature to function the way it did on my (significantly cheaper) Fitbit. Screw rollouts - this needs to be remedied YESTERDAY.

Lucho7
If you have a cellular watch you do not need to wait. That was implemented
months ago. If you don’t then it will be coming soon. Who knows when.
Dude_abides2
This feature is for no one because Spotify refuses to add it despite
customer demand. Gomenasai.
DesignByAdrian

@Dude_abides2 the post literally says that the feature is implemented and progressively enabled to users. Here's their newsroom article because you're too lazy to find it: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-05-21/enjoy-more-ways-than-ever-to-use-spotify-on-your-apple-watch...

Namakemono

You say that everybody can now download songs onto the Apple Watch from the Spotify app on your phone. But that's a lie! Not everybody can! I'd suggest fixing it so that everybody can download songs onto the Apple Watch! Revolutionary and honest!

Daniel226
  1. Don’t announce a new feature (like “Download music to Apple Watch”) until the feature is actually available to everyone. Because it’s lame, cheesy, and dishonest. 

Signed with Apple Music 6 or 7 months ago. Hi fi and lossless music at no additional cost is a game changer. Of course offline playback. 
Free version of Spotify is but will be uninstalled soon as transferred all the playlist 

raymedia

Hi
Running Spotify version 8.6.30 and watchOS 7.5. Still no option to download to watch. Are there any issues with the rollout?

dixieflatline

Perhaps those who campaigned the loudest were blacklisted? Still the same for me.