Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Add an app widget for iOS 14

Update 10/14: Spotify just implemented widgets in their latest version! Thanks to developers and to the community for your upvotes 🙂
Now Spotify if you see this, please add time-synced lyrics functionality worldwide!

Make a good looking widget with for example recently played titles, media controls or most listened to playlists, that would be nice for the iOS 14 release

Example here with Apple Music widgets:

This second image is from Max McKinney on YouTube, you can check his concept video for ideas:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsEPEfEnXHk

Updated on 2020-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

The Spotify widget should be now available on iOS devices running iOS 14.0

Cheers!

Comments
SantiDope

75% of apple owners are updating to iOS 14 and still no widget for spotify. Looks like Apple One is getting more interesting. 

notpaulm
I mean tbf I’m not seeing many widgets for other apps so maybe it’s something on apples end that’s delaying it or even preventing it
jnet

This should have been out for the iOS 14 release, I feel. Disappointed it’s not here, while they shiny new Apple Music widget is looking quite nice.

Frank_Aglz

There's actually a way to have a Spotify Widget. 

First you have to download the "TuneTrack" app in the AppStore, then you need to log in.

After that, you go to your home screen and add the "TuneTrack" widget.

It looks like this: 

ll.jpeg

sarahfelldown

I think there's pretty wide support for this, but I'd like to add one big incentive for Spotify to do this...

Apple will also start offering services bundles by the end of the year that include Apple Music. I think there are many people like me, who will sign up for a bundle because we're already paying close to or more for fewer services. Why I think Spotify should jump quickly on producing a widget: you run the risk of these new Apple Music subscribers (who like me, might prefer Spotify) starting to use Apple Music more (or worse, jumping ship completely) because of the convenience/cool factor of Apple Music having a widget and Spotify not having one.

I could be overreacting, but I know that by the end of the year, I'll also be an Apple Music subscriber and I'll want a widget for my music.

RainyGorilla

Exactly what i was thinking also. Could it be created as a miniature of the apple watch app. Ability to pause/play skip a song and also jump to another playlist or connect to a different audio source/cast

dishpan

please implement this idea!

forni

Go go go! How long we need to wait for it!?

hari_aravi

Is there a workaround to add spotify as shortcuts? For example "when my Bluetooth connects to my car, play ____ this playlist"

MrGC

Hi, i really like you concepts, but i think on the single song ones, instead of showing a wave form, it should show the spotify code