Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Add an app widget for iOS 14

Update 10/14: Spotify just implemented widgets in their latest version! Thanks to developers and to the community for your upvotes 🙂
Now Spotify if you see this, please add time-synced lyrics functionality worldwide!

Make a good looking widget with for example recently played titles, media controls or most listened to playlists, that would be nice for the iOS 14 release

Example here with Apple Music widgets:

This second image is from Max McKinney on YouTube, you can check his concept video for ideas:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsEPEfEnXHk

Updated on 2020-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the support and feedback you've given to this idea!

The Spotify widget should be now available on iOS devices running iOS 14.0

Cheers!

Comments
MarkFromCali

This is literally the only reason why I updated my 6s and took up so much storage. 

puddingparty

Nobrainer. I hope this time it doesn’t take ages for Spotify to implement new iOS features.

SoriaX

Please add support for the shortcut app in iOS 14. I would like to add Spotify actions to my automations. This will allow me to enjoy Spotify went cruising around, or going to the gym. I can just get up and go

jntfurstman

Awesome Idea for IOS 14. Would love Spotify Offline and Streaming worked on Apple Watch OS 7 too. 

Ghbghujmn

!NEEDS TO HAPPEN ASAP!🔥

mikrou

The sooner the better

aroe831

This is yet another beyond-obvious addition that Spotify needs to implement, and it's a bummer it wasn't a day-one update for ios14 like it was for other less prominent apps. Does Spotify or does Spotify not wish to remain feature-competitive with Apple Music and the others? Let's gooooooo

Michelp2

Please make widgets. I love Spotify but your app has to stay fresh. In fact, you shouldve started on widgets back when iOS 14 was released to developers, so you could have it online on day 1. Just like Todoist did with their app. Hopefully you’ll add this functionality soon! Also, add a white mode to Spotify haha. Would love an UI change or at least some customization. But, first and foremost: i love spotify! 

notpaulm
At this point even third-party apps have widgets for spotify, obviously not as good but they're still a thing. Why hasn't spotify started with this already? 
Tried out apple music last week and it's looking good so far... would hate to have to switch though as spotify is superior in discovering new music (imo)
mazrxo

Its amazing. Please make it happen