Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Siri Integration

Instead of Siri Integration in the way this post is requesting, Siri Shortcuts Support would be far more useful and beneficial to the users, and easier for Spotify to implement. Please vote for this idea instead:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/iOS-Other-Shortcut-Support/idi-p/4569462#M87573

Now that Apple has announced an API for developers to have access to Siri, it would great if Spotify supported it, as well as announcing Siri support in the update release notes instead of the worthless "We're always making changes and improvements to Spotify" messages, that make finding new features a guessing game. (Like support for 3D Touch.)

Updated on 2019-10-07

Spotify is now integrated into Siri on Apple iOS devices.

This eagerly awaited feature will let you control Spotify and play music, podcasts, and playlists using the power of your voice. Now you can listen to Disney Hits or an exclusive podcast like Set It Straight with Midland at work, home, on the commute, while exercising, or doing chores, all by saying the familiar “Hey Siri, play. . . ” to hear the audio you want. Just make sure to update your iPhone to iOS 13 – from there, remember to end each phrase with “on Spotify.”

The Siri integration is also available on our new and improved app for iPad.

Comments
ast1

This needs to be implemented with iOS 13 or I will cancel my membership and switch back to Apple Music.

victalo

As others have said, iOS 13 now allows for this integration with Siri, so I'd really like the you guys on the Spotify team to look at this again.

ericthered926

This needs to be enabled as soon as possible along with offline music on the Apple Watch. WatchOS 6 and iOS 13 allow for these features to be fully baked. Pandora already has it implemented. If this doesn't happen soon, I will most likely switch to Pandora, or, begrudgingly, Apple Music. I love Spotify and want to keep supporting you guys, so please implement this soon. Any status update or ETA would be great, or at least confirmation that we're not going to get these features since technically they could've been implemented since iOS 12 (even though iOS 13 significantly improves the functionality) . You've been teasing us with this for almost a year -> Spotify for Apple Watch 

Let us know if it's going to happen, or if it's not. The silence isn't helping.

Staff
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2019-10-07

Spotify is now integrated into Siri on Apple iOS devices.

This eagerly awaited feature will let you control Spotify and play music, podcasts, and playlists using the power of your voice. Now you can listen to Disney Hits or an exclusive podcast like Set It Straight with Midland at work, home, on the commute, while exercising, or doing chores, all by saying the familiar “Hey Siri, play. . . ” to hear the audio you want. Just make sure to update your iPhone to iOS 13 – from there, remember to end each phrase with “on Spotify.”

The Siri integration is also available on our new and improved app for iPad.

aesterling

That's great news, and thanks to Spotify and Apple for making this happen!

That said, please allow Siri/Spotify to continue playing where I left off listening in an album or playlist. For example, if I'm halfway through Discover Weekly, I'd love to say, "Hey Siri, continue playing Discover Weekly on Spotify" rather than Spotify just restarting the playlist from the beginning each time. Vote for it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Remember-Position-in-Playlist-Album/idi-p/...

ParentalControl

Finally this is actually working. It's seamless I appreciate it.

d-roam

Thrilled this was finally added, and I'm extremly impressed with it so far. Takes some playing around to figure out the right things to say, but it's extremely versatile. You can ask for specific artists, albums, songs, and even followed playlists. You can even specify for it to be "shuffled".

@aesterling, you can even resume playback where you left off. I've had good luck with simply saying, "Hey Siri, resume Spotify". This has consistenly resumed whatever I was playing last, even if Spotify has been closed and another app was playing media more recently.

Of course, this doesn't help with picking back up where you left off on a specific album or playlist, but not even the GUI can do that yet (hence the idea you linked to). But it's still very handy.

aesterling

@d-roam, nice suggestion, thanks! I'll be sure to try this out to see how it works as a partial solution. 🙂