Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Split Screen Support

It would be awesome if spotify could support the IOS 9 Multitask Split-Screen feature ...!!!

Updated on 2021-01-13

Hey there folks,

Thanks for bringing your ideas and votes to the Idea Exchange!

We're marking this as implemented, as multiple iOS devices now support Split View.

Cheers!

Comments
Carol64

YAY!!!!! I did it...it’s easy...FINALLY! This is great! Thanks, @gujje for posting!

Zegg
Cancelling subscription actually worked!

Brilliant news.
fotojon

Since when?

crfelici
Thanks for posting this! Been using the split screen support and it’s great!

I’m pretty sure they were forced to do this for iOS13 / iPadOS because split screen and windowing is a requirement for iPad apps with iPadOS 13...at least it’s finally here!
mcgrog

best news ever, only took them years to implement! works perfectly! about time!

Mr_Andy
Couldn’t agree more! Thanks (sort of) Spotify. Or Apple, who probably forced their hand.

Now I’m off to find the group pushing for them to bring “Song” level navigation back in the app, as I can no longer shuffle all my songs, which I used ALOT in conjunction with the ‘downloaded’ filter.... seems the got rid of that in their last iOS update. How on earth his stuff gets through testing I just do not know.

Still, baby steps all.
Crow74

@Mr_Andy: Under the Playlists section, click on My Liked Songs and click Shuffle.

Every track you saved to your library and that you will love in the future by clicking the heart icon is/will be in the My Liked Songs playlist from now on.

Cheers!

Mr_Andy
I think I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t *think* it’s what I’m saying.... I’m talking about my downloads. I have lots. I fly a lot. And I want to be able to shuffle all my downloads, which I used to be able to do by applying the downloaded filter in the songs area and hitting shuffle. Now, unless I’m missing something, I can’t do that anymore...
Crow74

@Mr_Andy: Ah, I see. I guess I misunderstood you after (quickly) reading your earlier post. Sorry about that!

Sean256

Considering this "idea" is still in the "not right now" status I think it's a good bet that we had nothing to do with them implementing it. It was likely Apple forcing their hand with new iOS requirements.