Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Add all songs to playlist'

Allow all songs in an existing playlist to be added to a new created playlist. It would be good to have the option to 'Add all songs to playlist' from an existing created playlist to a new created playlist.

For example: I have a 'notable songs' playlist for each year. I've been doing this since 2016. If I wanted to have all my favorite songs from the last 5 years in one playlist, it would be really easy to create a 'notable 2016-current' playlist by adding all the existing songs from each year's playlist together. The only option right now is to add each individual song from each year's playlist using the 'Add to playlist' option. That's the difference of 6 clicks and about 600 clicks. Would be helpful. Thanks!

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-14

Hello @abhedgepath 

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Meadliana

Another idea is when you are adding a playlist where you already have a few of the songs, instead of having duplicates, it adds the songs that you don’t already have in that playlist. 

ex: I have 3 songs from the same album on my playlist. Then if I want all the other songs in my playlist, all I would have to do would be to go to the playlist, press the 3 dots, pick “add to playlist” and then it would add the songs that I don’t have already to the playlist.

Alexiola

I think this is a very interesting idea!

A ot of time is lost on manually adding each song to a playlist.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-09-24

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

xdrewfacex

You can do this in the desktop client pretty easily already...

1. Open a playlist
  2. Click on a song to select/highlight it
  3. Press CTRL+A. This will cause all songs in the playlist to be highlighted
  4. Right-click on any of the highlighted songs
  5. Select "Add to playlist" from the pop-up menu and choose which playlist you want to add the songs to.

To address Meadliana's suggestion above, whenever you add any songs to a playlist that already contains the song(s) being added you get a popup saying that you are adding duplicates with an option to add anyways or cancel (for single song adds) or skip duplicates (for multi-song adds).

NielsNh2Roskild

All ready implanted - I do believe!

At top of a album or playlist click properties ” …” and pick “Add to playlist”.  
Or am I wrong ? 
Note: iPhone user. 

D79F3396-B2E0-4E61-8B39-067287B1F9F9.jpeg

BurgerBob

I was thinking maybe even adding the option of only adding a certain range of songs (or for example your search result) into another playlist

maeveynot

You can hold ctrl/shift to select multiple songs, and (unless Spotify has broken it, which wouldn't surprise me) also do this from a filtered view. These can then be copied to the other playlist in the same way as if you selected all with ctrl+a.

MadmanOnWheels

You can already do this. Just go to the "Add to other playlist" option.

BurgerBob

I was thinking on mobile tbh maybe I should have mentioned that my bad. The idea was, for example, I want to add every song of an album to my playlist besides the intro song. I would have to either add every song I want separately, or add all the songs from the album and then remove the one I don't want. Would be nice if there was a feature to pick the range I want to add. Or maybe something along the lines of "Add search result to playlist".