Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add dolby atmos to Spotify for Android and apple

I know this is getting old. But it would be really good and a dream come true if spotify can add dolby atmos to their platform for Android and Apple. The reason why I'm personally requesting this feature is because if you included on the premium plan at no additional cost, it would increase the overall value of this plan and competition against other music apps that have dolby atmos like tidal or apple music.

Secondly, it would allow users to fully be immersed in their music in ways never before with dolby atmos. The way I'm thinking it should work is that when you select an album with dolby atmos support, you should see the dolby atmos logo at the bottom of the artist. It should also have the dolby atmos logo on the bottom of the track playing. 

Lastly and the most important one, when downloading songs in dolby atmos, it should have a slightly bigger file size. I would also like for dolby atmos to be supported with apples spatial audio. And that it can be turned on or off at any moment in the settings.

Updated on 2023-10-09

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-28

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Spotify Ideas Exchange.

Your suggestion has been marked as a New Suggestion and will be reviewed by the Spotify staff once it receives enough votes. We appreciate your contribution and look forward to your continued support of this idea!

spencerthayer

Remember when Spotify said they would offer high-resolution audio? LOL.

BadXperiment

Been with spotify for over ten years now. Finally thinking to leave to tidal just for better quality and atmos.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-09

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

Richard11

Great suggestion!

Bastizor

Still nothing ?

Will consider switching to Apple Music...

It’s unfortunate that Spotify doesn’t support Dolby Atmos. I much prefer Spotify but I gotta make the switch to Apple Music. I will happily switch back over once DA is supported 

dizz14

I just left for Apple Music after 4 years because I just bought a Sonos system that plays Atmos and Spotify doesn't have Atmos content like Apple Music does.

tonman87

I subscribe to Apple Music, and honestly use it way more than Spotify these days. Starting to wonder if I should just fully switch over. I love the new DJ feature, but the lack of Atmos support is quite the downside.

KingDre

I've been a premium Spotify-user for over 10 years. Never thought I would switch to anything else in my life...

But because they don't have Dolby Atmos, I switched to Apple Music recently.

There was simply only one reason: lack of Dolby Atmos.

I would love Spotify to get a premium plan with Spatial Audio, that would make me return to their service.