Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add dolby atmos to Spotify for Android and apple

I know this is getting old. But it would be really good and a dream come true if spotify can add dolby atmos to their platform for Android and Apple. The reason why I'm personally requesting this feature is because if you included on the premium plan at no additional cost, it would increase the overall value of this plan and competition against other music apps that have dolby atmos like tidal or apple music.

Secondly, it would allow users to fully be immersed in their music in ways never before with dolby atmos. The way I'm thinking it should work is that when you select an album with dolby atmos support, you should see the dolby atmos logo at the bottom of the artist. It should also have the dolby atmos logo on the bottom of the track playing. 

Lastly and the most important one, when downloading songs in dolby atmos, it should have a slightly bigger file size. I would also like for dolby atmos to be supported with apples spatial audio. And that it can be turned on or off at any moment in the settings.

Updated on 2023-10-09

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
1Rebecca27

100% PLS

ilhamreal

Yes pls 

GC_FL__

I bought a Sonos system for Christmas and comes with free Apple music for a month and wow, the Atmos songs  sound so much better, it's unbelievable really. After more than ten years with Spotify I assumed they had Atmos even if I had to pay more, Imagine my surprise finding online that Spotify doesn't have Atmos. i read that they've been saying for at least three years that they will have it so sadly I have no choice but to end my long-long spotify premium subscription and switch to a provider with Atmos. I will really miss the Apps interconnectivity and all I got used to over the years. I work from home playing music all day and once you play songs in Atmos there is no way back to the bleahh sound of regular Spotify. Hopefully they do add it someday so i can come back.

Deivis7

Por favor, agregen Dolby Atmos, no quiero dejar Spotify, pero la calidad de sonido es lo que más busco para poder disfrutar mejor.

fender97info

Spotify, you have the chance to show to your customers, people who are paying you money for the service you provide, that you care about them by increasing the quality of your audio contents. How? Spatial Audio & at least one lossless file listening option.

It is true that you’re the first streaming service in the world at the moment. But remember all the other platforms are offering a higher quality service right now. Now, if I were you I would not actually care. Unless one of your competitor was named Apple Music. The first promoter of spatial audio right now and the biggest tech company in the world right now.

Yes Spotify, you’re so quick at playing songs. But who cares if those songs sound not good enough? Who will care when spatial audio will be the new standard (soundbars, headphones, car systems are and will likely make the trick in the next couple of years) and you will be left offering an obsolete listening format? People will get annoyed. I (your customer for 8 years now) already am.

CrabbyPlayzyt

I hope so we get it

ThePastUsersOfPotify

Ngl, everything about Spotify is better than Apple Music. EXCEPT for this— and I say this as an audio engineer of 5+ years who has had both platforms. PLEASE add this— I’m sick of Apple Music and want to come back, but I can’t when I can only listen to Dolby Atmos on my AirPod Pros with AM. The second this drops im switching back

Swedish1

Will probobly switch to apple music soon for atmos with sonos system