Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
blutfink

I find myself switching to iTunes/Apple Music time and time again just because of this feature. That's crazy.

jobard

+1, tried apple music and it sends music to my Denon instantly with airplay. 

not to mention sound is quite better when decoded by the amp...

While I prefer spotify UI, I'll definitly switch to apple after trial period if you still refuse to implement it on spotify...

b0rski

This is the only reason I am considering switching to Apple Music. Just because DENON (I hate them for it and will never buy another DENON hardware) will not update the AV receiver for Spotify Connect I am forced to use AirPlay. Spotify I beg you, please implement AirPlay into the Windows Desktop Application. It's already there on the iPhone so it's probably copy & paste anyway 😉

And "ruccola" thanks for the workaround with Airfoil!

Sÿl

Unfortunately now with mac OS X El Capitan, my Sitecom WMA-1000 does not allow me anymore to diffuse spotify music using this device as an output... I'm pretty sure many devices are now in that case.

Although the standard Airplay feature in iTunes still work, so yes please consider implementing it in the desktop app

jerzytracz

Believe me that there are some (or even lot of) people who are choosing Apple Music rather than Spotify, because of simple multiple AirPlay support in iTunes. You should add multiple AirPlay option to both Windows and Mac OS X for your premium users, as you add Chromecast support. I think it should look like in iTunes, or similiar to that one:Spotify with AirPlay

pich747

DO IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

dstart

When is this going to happen?  I'm ready to jump ship otherwise.

catcrackspotify

Wating for Airplay Button in the osx version also

rollooo72

I'm waiting for Airplay button.

Deezer already has it in their Mac version desktop app

R

strat1958

After 35 pages of posts over 3 years....

......does anyone know WHY Spotify has not implemented this simple change?