Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Album Art for each Track in a playlist

View as Album List was a great feature. Based on comments I have seen on other forums, I am not the only one who thinks so. Please restore this feature.

Reasons:

1) Images are much easier to see than text. I have reached the age of reading glasses. Before this feature was removed, I could easily find songs / albums in playlists. Now I have to find my glasses beforehand!

2) Images are much more compelling and attractive than text. A picture tells a thousand words etc. The whole look and feel of Spotify is enhanced through the use of album images. Removing them seems like going against good user experience practice.

3) Nostalgia. Although I love Spotify and I firmly believe that subscription is the future of music, I still feel some nostalgia for "possessing" a collection of albums. Displaying album covers reinforces the feeling of having a collection of albums in a playlist.

Note that all three arguments apply equally to desktop and iPad versions of Spotify.

November 2013: Response to the comments from Spotify...

- There is no need for a cmd+G control. All playlists should always display the album cover.

- The Collections product was announced almost a year ago but there is no sign of it.

- A Collections product that simply displays the thousands of albums that I have ever listened to is not a viable solution in my opinion. I would need multiple collections (i.e.. playlists).

May-2014

I have created a new idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Display-Album-Cover-on-Your-Music-Songs/idi-p/791029 requesting cover art on your music (and playlists). Please give it your kudos.

July 2015

I note that Apple Music displays album art on playlists on all platforms.

Apple Music.png

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
SK32

@Ronnoboy wrote:

@SK32 wrote:

So they have some playlists now that show the album art for each song. It's great! Just make it for every type of song list now so we don't have to squint reading through lists of text to find a song!IMG_2173.PNG

Hi, where do you find these playlists with cover art? I cannot find them. Thanks.

They’re certain featured playlists in Genres. 

rippelhans

I'll probably switch to Apple Music because I am a visual person and I need to have the album covers visible no matter where I am in the app.

misterjulian

Hello spotify,

It has been over 2 years since you have seen this as a good idea! Many users have tried to repost the idea, but it is simply flagged as a duplicate. Please give this another thought and implement it. The community would be very greatful.

Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-11-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Ward_

Thank you for finally noticing this thread although I'd wish to ask why is it on Not Right Now?
I'm sure you yourself would love this at least so what's happening explanation is really required from the spotify end. 

rippelhans
Spotify subscription is now cancelled & I'm a happy Apple Music subscriber
now!

Thank you for telling me so I could make this switch.
03-ckyvl_ivh5

"Not right now" 

Thanks, spotify. Fortunately, not everyone has the same taste.

For example djay Pro 2, a program that has integrated spotify. And that allows to see the songs with cover. Even in the form of an album.

It's easy, spotify. It even allows you the OPTION (ohhhhhh !!) to choose if I want, or I do not want to see the cover.

It has become my default player. It even goes faster than your decrepit official player.

Spotify, have you ever heard the story of Quark and Indesign? Quark had 90% of the market share in the field of layout in graphic design. But their arrogance, and not listening to the opinions of their users made them lose everything they had in just one year. Today 99% of the market is from Indesign.

Every time I use the spotify application, Quark comes to mind.

"Not right now". Thanks again, spotify.

Captura de pantalla 2018-11-18 a las 13.52.30.pngCaptura de pantalla 2018-11-18 a las 13.52.20.png

iliabo

This is so disappointing!

I do not understand why Spotify thinks this isn't a needed feature and choosing to set it to "not right now". 

Thumbnails are very needed, the majority of people (and we're among them) are visual learners, and cannot recall names.

Considering to cancel my Spotify and switching to Apple Music instead if this isn't fixed ASAP.

janoschgue

Please show the Album art!! It’s so annoying to always read everything. Would make it a lot more easier and beautiful. 

Otherwise I need to go to Apple Music i guess. But I‘d prefer to stay...

janoschgue

@Staff wrote:

Updated on 2018-11-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

BIG MISTAKE SPOTIFY!!!