Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Sort List of Playlists alphabetically

How about ordering playlists alphabetically? I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player...

Updated on 2021-07-07

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that sorting your lists of playlists alphabetically is now available across devices. There's more info here.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
mc-canada

Hi All, you will all be interested in the following EMAIL exchange between SPOTIFY SUPPORT and me in the last few days:-  

Sept 17, 2016 at 10:26am
Hello there, "Mortie Chaikelson (gmail chaikelsonmortie@gmail.com)" <chaikelsonmortie@gmail.com>
Re: Betreff: [All Platforms] Alphabetical playlist sorting options (The Spotify Community Subscription Update) [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571HV2f6:ref ]

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you want the playlists to be arranged in an alphabetical order, using the desktop. We'll be glad to look into this for you.

Currently, we don't offer telephone support. However we are more than happy to help you via email. Let's get the ball rolling.

We've looked into this feature, and we appreciate your feedback.

We’ll be sure to pass your suggestion onto the right folks here at Spotify.

If you think this is also something other Spotify customers would think is a good idea, be sure to add it to our ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation.

We’ll keep everyone updated on the status of your idea.

Let us know if you have any more ideas or feedback.

All the best,

Zarah

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website?

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571HV2f6:ref

————————————————

September 17, 2016 at 7:52pm
TO:- ”support@spotify.com" <support@spotify.com>
Re: Betreff: [All Platforms] Alphabetical playlist sorting options (The Spotify Community Subscription Update) [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571HV2f6:ref ]

Thank you for your message, Zarah …. and your/Spotify’s willingness to look into arranging playlists in an alphabetical order on desktop Apple computers and PCs.

You write that "We understand that you want the playlists to be arranged in an alphabetical order, using the desktop. We'll be glad to look into this for you.. We've looked into this feature, and we appreciate your feedback. We’ll be sure to pass your suggestion onto the right folks here at Spotify”. Can you please clarify how long Spotify has been working on this issue …. and what the current outlook and timeframe is?

I think that Spotify customers will also be interested in other parts of your email, such as:- "If you think this is also something other Spotify customers would think is a good idea, be sure to add it to our ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation. We’ll keep everyone updated on the status of your idea. Let us know if you have any more ideas or feedback”

Mortie

———————————————————

September 17, 2016 at 8:31pm
TO:- ”Mortie Chaikelson (gmail chaikelsonmortie@gmail.com)" <chaikelsonmortie@gmail.com>

Hey Mortie!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We’re currently looking into this and we will get back to you once we have some more information.

In the meantime, let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

Have a good day 🙂

Aichel

"Musicians don't retire; they stop when there's no more music in them" - Louis Armstrong

Spotify Customer Support

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. It is intended only for the recipient(s). If you have reason to believe that you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately and delete the e-mail from your computer.

———————————————————————

September 19, 2016 at 11:00pm
"Mortie Chaikelson (gmail chaikelsonmortie@gmail.com)" <chaikelsonmortie@gmail.com>
Re: [All Platforms] Alphabetical playlist sorting options (The Spotify Community Subscription Update) [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571HV2f6:ref ]

Hi again Mortie,

Thanks for the reply.

We understand how much you want to have your playlists in alphabetical order.

We assure your that our team is working around the clock to make this happen.

We might not have an exact time frame right now, but once we have more details, we'll let everyone know.

Hope you understand. Let us know if you need anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Axel

Spotify Customer Support

Sbroth
Thank you for keeping us to date on this vexing issue. A long time coming to
get some focus.

What is still unusual is that, in their reply , they recommend posting on
the ideas page!!! Heck these have been posted there fr at least 3 - 4 years!
Don't they read their own platform pages??

Regards

Sbroth
Sbroth
Thank you for keeping us to date on this vexing issue. A long time coming to
get some focus.

What is still unusual is that, in their reply , they recommend posting on
the ideas page!!! Heck these have been posted there fr at least 3 - 4 years!
Don't they read their own platform pages??

Regards

Sbroth
Dynavoice-DE

Hi,

when I read

** "We assure your that our team is working around the clock to make this happen." **

I can't stop laughing. At least 4 years should be enough time to implement such a simple "feature". Some simple sorting options should't be a thing that we have to ask for again and again!

It looks quite ignorant that Spotify let us beg for years to get the possibility to sort our playlistsw hile using the desktop version. The iOS and Adrdiod apps show these option.

Another point is that we have to live with three differnet operating surfaces. Even the iOS and Andriod apps are differnet to use, same menues have different names and so on. In Germany we say "The left hand doesn't know what the right hand does", and so seems to work the coder team at Spotify...

Greetings from Germany

Kai Schulten

Sbroth
Hi Kia,

We have the same phrase here in the UK. I have a ridiculous number of
tracks and playlists it would take me weeks to sort out.

As they say watch this space !!

Regards

Ian

A nomadic Scot living Wales

Sbroth
Hi Kia,

We have the same phrase here in the UK. I have a ridiculous number of
tracks and playlists it would take me weeks to sort out.

As they say watch this space !!

Regards

Ian

A nomadic Scot living Wales

Jeannie-Weannie

Come on Guys, get your finger out! it's a messy pain in the **bleep**, scrolling to find a specific playlist. How hard can it be? You get paid enough!

Sbroth

Hi everyone. I have been in contact with Spotify's Chief Technical officer on this matter and the following is a copy of that discussion however, as said, my email is being forward to the correct person.

Oskar,

Thank you for your reply. I do hope this person is able to action this soon as it has been “Under consideration “ for a long time! I hope you don’t mind I would like to post my original and your reply in the ideas log thus enabling others to see something is being done. Thank you once again, Respectfully Ian Clark

From: Oskar Stål [mailto:oskar.stal@gmail.com] Sent: 27 September 2016 19:41

To: Ian Clark <ian.o.clark@ntlworld.com> Subject: Re: Frustration within Spotify Ideas

Thanks Ian for your support and help. We get many suggestions from our 100 million users and try our best to choose the right ones to work on. I'll forward your request to the correct person. Thanks

On Friday, 23 September 2016, Ian Clark <ian.o.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote:

Dear Oskar, I have been a premium member of Spotify for many years and enjoy listening to playlists on my desktop when editing my photography etc.

I have many playlists and now realised have a few duplicates. However, one cannot sort playlists on the desktop version!! [All Platforms] Alphabetical playlist sorting options showing submission 2 October 2015 – Under consideration!! I know I submitted this same request/idea in 2012 / 13. Having been 3 to 4 years under consideration!!! And paid £10 a month I find it difficult to understand why? I am seeing signs of deep frustration with Spotify by some 2,000 + Spotify users on this topic. We are all mystified why we cannot do an alpha sort of our playlists. So fundamental!! Would you be so kind and investigate and action the request on Spotify?

Respectful & Sincerely

Ian Clark (Spotify user:- Sbroth)

caraswindell

The last comment from Spotify was from a year ago, where it's under consideration. I've wanted this option to alphabetise my playlists on the left bars for 7 years.  Please can you sort such a simple function out?? I pay £10 a month and due to the **bleep** functionality I don't utilise my playlists enough as it'd take me a few hours to find what I wanted.

AntiSilence

This is the main thing I need, as I store albums as playlists (so artist name first) and finding a specific album (playlist) is a nightmare.