Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Customizing Spotify (Skins & Layout)

In such a highly customizeable world, where are the themes for spotify? My google chrome is wood theme and my text messaging app is an 19th century journal. Could spotify match? I think so. 

Thanks, 

Life-long user. 

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
KCSun

I am also put off using Spotify because of the black background and green writing. I’d love to be able to change that. It seems a no brainer for accessibility, given how colours can make such a difference with visual processing, dyslexia, ADD etc.

ilive

Curremtly the time bar at the bottom of the app which shows the song progress  is invisble in windows 10 and 11 high contrast (dark) themes. Please make it work properly with the high contrast themes to support people like myself with sight impairmen.

WORKAROUND: switch to a non highcontract theme before starting spotify. The switch to a high contrast theme after starting spotify. This is iofficult for people with sight impairment as its very blinding.

zizic1765ao2iw7hcnew

Wouldn't it be more convenient if the "don't add" button were red instead of green? Green says that you do want it when you don't want it.

Yaga615

We should be able to customize our browser/app's Background as it will give it a unique look for everyone.

basically making it uniquely yours

Alex
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-03-21

Hey folks,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Osinted

Customizing your Spotify app allows for a personalized experience that can enhance user satisfaction. For instance, users can modify the layout of their playlists by disabling the default left side playlist view and adding a separate button to access their custom playlists. This change can improve the user experience and create a more individualized feel to the app. Moving the "Create Playlist" feature into the playlist button area can further improve the website's functionality and enhance user satisfaction.

jamesricho

The dislike of the new UI update reinforces that this idea is still relevant.

Semuellentho

👍

Marles337

Pretty ridiculous that Spotify doesn't listen to the community when it comes to some very basic UI updates. Years ago votes were submitted so that when you left a playlist and came back to it, that it would pickup where you left off and not have to scroll scroll scroll. Even to filter you have to scroll scroll scroll back up. 

As for skins/themes/colors? C'mon Spotify not right now? That difficult huh? For instance, at the beach now with 20+ people that are dogging  y Spotify and this layout because we can't see the damn playist/ui in the bright sun. Not really ui friendly when you cant see what your trying to select.

Have literally had Spotify since it first started. It's unfathomable to me that you all can't make some of these basic changes that your paying customers ask/vote for. 2100 votes and sure would be more but I'm sure most users don't even know about this community vote system. Or there are already 20 other submissions for a similar request and votes get muddied

To me, that kinda says something about how a company feels about it's customers. And reading some of these responses to these votes is making me feel a little less loyal each time. 

DrRoRoRo

I get a headache spending more than a minute or two reading white text on dark backgrounds. There has got to be a way to change this as it is almost impossible for me to spend time creating/updating playlists without literal pain.