Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Jonathanhson

Come on Spotify! I gave you a go again just a few days ago, after a few years with Apple Music. Please, provide your customers with lossless audio and make it happen soon. I don’t care about it for the normal Multiroom speakers I have, but it would be much appreciated for the Hifi system!

ebannasch

Well I know they won't read these comments so I left my thoughts in the form under "other" when I just canceled my subscription. Even losing Hulu isn't enough. I haven't watched it in ages anyway. FYI I was a subscriber for 13 years since the initial us roll out trial.

"First of all and most importantly it's because my Discovery weekly gets filled up with trash even though I have all my other music filtered out. It used to be a great algorithm and now it's garbage. Next is the fact that I upgraded some of my gear and now I can hear the digital artifacts and when I did a free trial of lossless Services the sound quality was just so much more clear and wider and spacious. If you ever decide to get lossless I would subscribe again. Lastly I don't give a s*** about books I don't give a s*** about podcasts and my entire feed is filled with podcasts and books. If you want to compete with audible, make people pay an extra five bucks a month. I don't want to offset the price of books"

schjano

I'm running out of patience again.  I moved to Tidal for the better sound quality. Spotify HiFi turned into an urban legend now. 

sackifysucks

This is too old for anyone to notice, but I do want to go into random posts and say:  "SPOTIFY SUCKS".  I'm a premium member getting ads during music.  SPOTIFY SUCKS.  

mctesterson

@sackifysucks are you sure you're not listening to one of the "Now That's What I Call Ads" compilations?

schjano

Canceled and uninstalled. 

1000002789.jpg

kfal620

Spotify, this is getting ridiculous. Clearly lots and lots of us want lossless audio. Just about every other platform offers it. Having a 2nd Apple Music subscription just for lossless is such a waste (and their UI/UX is terrible). Please ship Supremium. 

robigouk

I saw there's a Spotify launch event with Billie Eilish next week - as she was the one who told us Spotify HiFi was coming years ago maybe she'll announce the launch finally?  (I'm just wild guessing - it's probably months away but we can all dream!).

mariolezama

Yes, it would be a take it all from the competence. The fact that the company still does not offer this feature just makes me wonder if it is just a problem of a client use (surveys and data analysis), economic and startegic business operation (budget, other investment) or you just don't care about what people are say or want. The internet let us know that Spotify is the best music streaming service, but as a big company no matter the field, the need to have the clients satisfied is one of the mayor relevance.

31zq2kqa5xokxmcyvcod

Ich fände es super wenn man auch Titel mit Dolby Atmos bekommen könnte zu hören. Zum Beispiel Rammstein Zeit und so weiter. Aber natürlich auch andere Das wäre eine super Idee.