Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[All Platforms][Music] HiFi Quality - Lossless Streaming 16bit 44.1khz

I've just started a trial of Qobuz - they offer the standard 320kbps as well as lossless FLAC streaming (and high res downloads if you purchase them) the sound quality is noticeably better and on classical it's just wonderful to get all that resolution through your hi-fi or headphones! The catalogue has a way to go to get to Spotify's level, but they are getting there. The iPad app isn't' too bad (the desktop app is in need of an upgrade but I hear they are putting all their efforts into mobile apps right now).

So - lossless streaming - if Qobuz can do it then so can Spotify, they must have the same source - and obviously if you are asking £20 a month then those record labels and distributors take enough notice to make the high res tracks available for streaming. What this all means is soon, very soon, we will get lossless streaming and closely followed by high res downloads - but if Spotify aren't careful it will be Apple who get there first with an audiophile premium offering, and when they do it will be a much harder market place to make money in!

Updated on 2022-01-07

Hey folks,

We know that HiFi quality audio is important to you. We feel the same, and we’re excited to deliver a Spotify HiFi experience to Premium users in the future. But we don’t have timing details to share yet.

We will of course update you here when we can.

Take care.

Comments
Samppa3

Yep I know (and Im trialing each at the moment in case Spotify fails to deliver Hifi), it all escalated this way and other services have each brought their plans more to the competition and all this time, now as the others have really put good things on the table, Spotify has done nothing but been quiet spectator.

pabeadle

I have a 6 month free trial with Apple Music. If by the end there isn't an update about HiFi, I'm probably gone. Spotify seems to take it users for granted. 

LawLee

What is Spotify thinking? What are they doing? I've been silent on these points, but this bugs me.

They've spent almost $200 million on things absolutely unrelated to their core music business. Daniel Elk has invested €100 million in a defense technology startup?

They paid Joe Rogan a $100 million contract for his podcast on Spotify and then they censor some of his content? Some of Spotify's own staff took issue that they even made this deal.

Who feels that $200 million would have been better spent fixing this Hifi issue? Who doesn't believe that investment would have got this done?

These two decisions alone show that Spotify is not a company that is ethics-oriented, or music-oriented, but money-oriented. They've clearly taken their eye off their core business. Their competition has shrewdly exploited this.

Since earlier this year almost all of the music streaming companies have neutralized their advantages. Deezer, Apple, and Amazon offer podcasts as well. Tidal and Deezer offer free ad-based subscriptions. The other companies now offer hi-res music, Spatial, and Dolby Atmos music completely surpassing Spotify.  Everyone has dropped their prices. We are going to see Darwinian "survival of the fittest" in the music streaming industry moving forward.

I predict this is going to be a bruising year for Spotify. It's like watching a slow-motion train wreck. It's tragic to see but you can't take your eyes off of it...

Spotify is vulnerable. Amazon and Apple are circling like sharks, they've got deep pockets and they're brutally focused on taking market share. Even the little guys like Deezer, Tidal and Qobuz are positioned to grow out of this stumble. Google "Spotify Hifi". They've got paid adds in the search results and offers to tempt away the masses. Spotify needs to get this done, or they may be done, as market leader...

Please vote for the below to have all your Artists displayed in your library, not just followed Artists..

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Show-all-Artists-in-Library-not-just-follow...

paulove

Spotify is focused on Podcasts now, that is why they have delayed HiFi as its not important enough. 

I left for Apple Music and will probably never return after having so much headaches with Spotify.

Flanstario1

@Yordan

I'm free user. Spotify HIFI will it be available for user free.

mostlife

I use Qobuz for Uncompressed downloads, and rip CD's using dbpoweramp cdripper, all to Uncompressed format. For Qobuz you need to download aiff first, and use Batch converter to concert to Uncompressed Flac. Spotify can *** themselves, unless IT Will be 100% Uncompressed 1411kbps high quality. There is no streaming service currently doing this, so I dont have high hopes anymore.

Case closes...

Bobisz

Well, goodbye spoty then. Grass is greener on the other side.

Flexingrat

We were promised HiFi by the end of last year - and still no date? What is the hold up?