Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Move track to top or bottom in playlist with 1 click

My idea is when you right-click on a track in your playlist, there is an option that says "move track to top" or "Move track to bottom" now I have to drag the track to the top myself and with over 1500 tracks in my playlist it takes some time to do, because when you pre-save a track it comes to the top of your playlist and when you add a track by yourself in comes to the bottom. Make a feature that you can move tracks to the top or bottom of your playlist with 1 -click.

move to.png

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
neto_90

I was just thinking about this for my playlists. The option to “Move track to top” and “Move track to bottom” will save all of us time when modifying the order of our playlists. Those who have long playlists will appreciate this feature.

AdrianBartel

I also highly support this idea, particularly as editing song order in the Window app is broken since the window doesn't scroll up automatically when dragging tracks upwards.

AdrianBartel

It should work for multiple select tracks, also.

cjavier

Hilarious. Instead of making things better with this feature - they've made it worse by no longer letting the desktop app scroll the list while you drag songs. 

They are trying to indoctrinate copy+paste on people when they can just improve the entire UX with easy playlist manager features right within in their UI. 

It's not even clear or intuitive that copy/paste is the working solution. Not to mention, it seems you can't paste to the top of the list, so I drop it in the second slot then manually drag it up one to put it at the top.

What a terrible playlist experience for a music app of all things. 

Kadzz

I also would really like to see this feature be implemented! I always drag new songs to the top/near the top of my main playlist, so this feature would be extremely helpful!

barfood

If Spotify developers rely on this functionality in the tool they use to organize their own work backlog (Jira), I think it's reasonable to ask for this feature to be included in the Spotify client.

u_tt9iz1m-5f

Please please please. This such a simple setting!

snogards99
The issue of (large) playlist management, playlist promotion, the UI,
reporting, etc constantly shocked by the lack of development of the mobile
apps, the desktop UI, tools to help Follow/sort artists, etc., etc. It is
essentially the same UI as it was last year. Nevermind there is no HD
streaming audio option yet, that's a different rant)

Spotify has more subscribers $$$ than anyone, and they have a guy in the
basement programming the UI. Don't take his red stapler.

PS. Spotify I do love your brilliant recommendation engine,
generated playlists, and the fact that you amazingly exist at all. Just
sayin'. Note: this thread was:

Submitted by Thies19
<> on
‎2019-07-18 11:30 PM

catalinxtc

Even the simpler implementation of a checkbox to add tracks on top of a playlist by default, I am sure it would be greatly appreciated.

4 years and no development on this, may I offer my support?

OhItsTom

In-case anyone drops by wanting this feature before the Spotify devs finally decide to pull their thumbs out of their you know what's, I have made a simple javascript extension for the open source project Spicetify that implements this feature.

Spotify does not condone the use of this application so use it at your own discretion, however providing you do not abuse their API's or take money out their pockets implementing basic scripting isn't what most would consider a bannable or even morally grey offense.

https://github.com/ohitstom/spicetify-extensions/tree/main/tracksToEdges

example.png