Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Synced History across all Devices

Create a "unified play history" that consolidates history from phone, tablet, laptop, etc., so that you have a real history of your listening on Spotify.

This was previously suggested and did not receive enough "kudos" and was recently made an "inactive idea". But I'm surprised it isn't already a standard feature. 

Updated on 2021-07-28

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions on this one!

You'll be happy to know that the icon_recently_played.png Recently played destination on mobile now reflects your listening history across all devices. There's more info here.

Right now, it’s available only on Android and iOS, but we’ll check back here with an update, should this change in the future.

Happy listening 🎶

Comments
Banban

Desktop, smartphone, smart TV, ChromCast Audio : one account.

Impossible to find a track listened a day before...

This happens EVERYDAY for me.

Seems not to be difficult to have a history with Date/Time and Device search field...

What's the use of having "discover" and "made for you" playlists if we can't find their tracks later on?!

VERY ANNOYING FOR ME...

I'll try your competitors

suprafer

This is necessary

NooneBatman

WHY ISN'T THIS A FEATURE YET?

fezzic

The lack of this feature is why I still use PocketCasts to listen to Podcasts.  Let me know when this is implimented and Spotify will start getting those ad dollars from my listens, but until then I'll use an app that has been doing this for years and years.

Lulo
Well, it seems that Spotify is not interested... maybe its time to try
Youtube Music.
stereolense

I find it strange to treat this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Synced-History-across-all-Devices/idi-p/12...

like a nice-to-have "feature request".

For a paid cloud music streaming service, this feature (synced history) should be part of the offering right from the start.

Having devs defend themselves over years and refusing to implement critical functionality is painful to read.

The whole "Kudos" Feature seems like a very shallow excuse to pretend "we listen to our customers".

The reasons I still have Spotify are solely good music portfolio and suggestions.

The apps are subpar and I have not seen any improvements over the last couple of years.

(except for the syncing of "liked" tracks)

If you plan to minimize spendings and then get bought out, it is probably best to not listen and not spend any money. Instead pay a social media team to simulate interest in your customers.

If you plan to build a good app, this reaction is baffling to me.

harald_k

You can get your listening history from Spotify... if you send a GDPR request. I know because I did, in an attempt to push them to make infrastructure to make this easily accessible.

But now I'm confident, it's not that it's hard. It's that they don't want you to own your own listening history.

So I encourage everyone else to write them a GDPR request too, if you're in the EU.

stereolense

This exact feature request was answered with NOT NOW in 2017.
Seems they meant to say WONT IMPLEMENT EVER.

Support forums, oh well...

fizzyted

I would really appreciate having this history, as I often listen on multiple devices during the day: personal computer, work computer, laptop, phone, etc. Right now I basically never use the history function because it's never accurate.

StickyM

83349B12-D1C1-4FF3-BB4D-9C9FDB3E409B.jpeg

Update,  I HAVE HISTORY.  A new icon appeared  about a month ago, Maybe longer and I never noticed, seems it’s not on all users yet and not version specific but user specific!  The clock in the right side shows all recent history on the account and voila I have what I wanted! Well done Spotify for doing it but where is the update on this? Are  they really not reading any of these posts any more? 

So for all of those reading this just look again at your app. 

cheers!