Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Delete Songs from Account History

There should be a way for me to control my history of songs played. Sometimes I accidentally play things I don't want to hear or I try listening to songs I don't like. I should be able to remove them from my history so that my stats are accurate for song and music suggestions. 

Also....My account was hacked and someone played music I would never listen to. I can't delete those songs from my history. I can only remove them from my recently played section. I DON'T LIKE THAT!

I tried to ask a customer service agent to delete the songs, but they said it couldn't be done. Wow! Move to the 21st century, Spotify, and give your customers some more control. Sheesh!

Updated on 2020-05-04

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We're marking this as a 'Good Idea'.

Please know your feedback is reaching the internal teams at Spotify, and they're aware of the votes around this idea. We'll continue to check out the comments here, too.

If there are any updates, we'll let you know.
Thanks

Comments
climens

The idea of editing the history has been brought up a million times already and it's always closed.

It's a pity because my Google Home uses my account and my kids play random things that affect my recommendations and now they are not as good as they were time ago.

Let's see if this time we're lucky and see this implemented.

bettyx1138

Yaaaas u need this 

mbailey4357

I fully agree with this! I have all sorts of songs showing up on my Made for area, and I've never listened to anything like them. I can't remove the songs, or the artists on my computer. Sometimes it's a random song that pops up, I listen for a minute and turn it off because I don't like it, yet it ends up on my rotation because Spotify suggested it. This is just so silly that there's no control over what I don't like. 

Magickly

Once idea gets enough likes, right. Ridiculous.   smfh

Magickly

There are tons of likes...on comments & ideas on this basic music player function. Comments which are ignored, closed, deleted or lost in so many categories users in this "community" never have a chance to see or vote. Convoluted ridiculous idea of "customer" support which only serves Spotify's skewed stats, increased profits and not needing to hire humans to actually resolve issues

Cambridge_Butch

Same exact thing happened to me. Spotify allowed some Russian hacker to hack into my account and I now have a bunch of crappy Russian trash music in my history. This is unacceptable, Spotify. 

GadgetMan

I like the song of this.. also be able to delete on the page eg song your currently listening too.

jayinsult

I am one of the countless PAID Spotify users that has had my account hacked. First of all, Spotify didn't catch it, I had to figure it out for myself. The worst part about it, other than having my personal account compromised, was that whoever hacked my account listened to countless hours of music that I have no interest in. I'm sure many folks reading this are nodding with familiarity about this awful scenario already. Spotify's response was a very cavalier "reset your passwords and listen to the music you like and things will return to normal." Well, at the end of that year, I had my year-end lists, something I look forward to, completely spoiled by being riddled with the music from whoever accessed my account. And guess what? At the end of 2019, an artist from this fiasco was named my "top artist of the decade." Nowadays I leave music I like playing 24/7 to try to push this music off of my lists entirely, and one of these artists is still displaying as my all-time #6 top artist. This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. We should be able to delete artists, albums, or songs from our listening history at any time, for any reason, especially if we are paying customers. This is a service we are paying for. It should not be work for us to make it function in a way that we find pleasurable...especially if the service's security failed to maintain the integrity of our account. But honestly, there is zero reason this should not be changeable. Perhaps somebody has just outgrown an artist, or maybe they have decided to never listen to them again for personal reasons...there's no reason they shouldn't be able to blank that artist from their listening history and make a clean break. This is BASIC stuff. You can find ideas on here dating back to at least 2014 demanding this feature, and yet Spotify staff repeatedly ignore the request and mark the idea as "case closed" for no discernible reason. This is the NUMBER ONE feature Spotify MUST implement to improve the user experience. Get it done!

stoniestGerm

Im on board with this since i usually have the same problems. I share an account with my family and we explore lots of new music and obvious get suggestions of stuff we cant erase

1Azure

my guess is that they will not fix this problem as the artists get royalties everytime something is played and its to hard to fix it ....moneys flowin to them its not broke...