Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Remove the Shuffle / Play Button

Hi, I tried out your new design, which I have mixed feelings about, but nevermind that. The most annoying thing I come over in the new Spotify (for iPhone by the way) is the dumb, big, overlapping, unnecessary shuffle play button that pops up everywhere. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? Could at least had add an option for it. Also, it doesn't look streamlined at all with the current design. Did it even occur that not everyone wants a shuffle play button?

Updated on 2020-11-04

Hey folks,
As some of you will have noticed, this has changed on iOS.
We've updated the idea, so that we can update everyone more accurately with regards to Android.
We're marking this as a 'Good idea', too.
Please know that your feedback is reaching the right teams here.

We'll post an update if anything changes!
Thanks

Comments
Ryan-327
I know this is an old post, but to explain: the Shuffle-Play button is actually streamlined in the new design. In Spotify Free, it's big because that's the only option to play the album/playlist/artist. In Spotify Premium, it's kept that way so people who upgrade don't miss it and so they aren't looking for a Shuffle-Play button which has been removed. Hope this helps!
biscuitmonster

So Ryan, are you Spotify staff?  If so, are you saying the "Shuffle Play" button does not result in less expensive songs being played before more expensive ones?

dinomight
I've seen no evidence of some money saving scheme with the shuffle play button, and I use it almost exclusively to listen to my playlists of hundreds of songs.
Ojai911

I WOULD PAY EXTRA TO HAVE THE SHUFFLE BUTTON DISAPPEAR FOREVER! If I want to shuffle I will listen to radio. Albums have songs in a particular order for artistic intent - why anyone would want to shuffle is simply beyond me.

trustmekara
I want to listen to my music damit
Fred

Congratulations on reaching 100 kudos. You rock, and obviously, so does this idea.
Hang on tight, you will soon (usually within a couple of months) see a reply from Spotify in this thread determining the future of the idea.

ronwendt

I have a premium account. How do I turn off shuffle play on my iPhone?

I can tolerate the darn button but I do not want shuffle play!!!!

Help

Ron

copemonster

I can understand the Shuffle button in the free version of the app as you can only play albums on shuffle, (right?) but come on. There is no reason why that should be there on the premium version. We are the people PAYING you money to NOT have to listen to shuffle. Sure have the option, like every other music player out there, but to have it be so completely promiment, even when you are scrolling down through the tracks is ridiculous. Please remove. 

broncus

As a Premium member (okay, I am in the free 30 days period) I have to agree that the button is obnoxious. If it was the only way to play music I would say keep it but that isn't the case with the "Premium" customer.

If you want something big and obnoxious, add a in your face set of buttons for stop, rewind, play and forward.

The "Premium" user will quicker understand that playback features are improved if they are smarted than a box of rocks.

The button is just wrong. Stop forcing your Premium customers to life in the land of legacy.

Best regards,

Fred

PS. The customers are always right, even when they are wrong.

metorical

Pretty much all the albums I listen to are continuous mixes i.e. meant to be played in order.  Having the shuffle button everywhere just makes no sense.