Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[AutoPlay] Option to toggle Autoplay on/off across all devices/platforms

The Autoplay setting isn't working for connected devices and the web player. We need the Autoplay setting to work the same as it does on desktop and when playing on the phone.

Updated on 2023-02-07

Hey folks,

The "Autoplay" setting was recently updated. The single "Autoplay" setting in the desktop and mobile apps will now enable or disable Autoplay across all devices on your account. This change makes it easier to manage instead of there being 2 different settings.

You only need to change the Autoplay setting in one of the apps, either desktop or mobile, and it will apply to your account on all devices including the Web Player and Spotify Connect devices.

You can read the support article for more information about the Autoplay feature.

Comments
Xenia

Hello again,

You’ll be happy to know that we’ve now added a toggle in the settings of the Desktop app, allowing you to turn off Autoplay across all connected devices, including the Web Player!

image.png

Make sure you have the latest updates installed. If you're not seeing this option, you might need to restart the app.

We're working on adding an option for the mobile app too, so watch this space for further updates.

Piralte

First of all: Thanks for the fix. Just uninstalled an reinstalled the app. No option for that here. Using the Windows-App. Neither store-version nor "original"-version has the option.

68Lostsouls

I am not seeing the option either on both store and original application. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest instal file from the website. I need to turn this option on!

MattSuda

Hey @Piralte @68Lostsouls 

The Desktop app version you will need to see the new autoplay setting is 1.1.74.625 which is still rolling out so you might not have it yet

macruz

Hello. Thanks for your efforts... I have powered on my old Desktop machine, downloaded the latest Spotify version for Mac, but no lucky, version 1.1.73.516 (no new autoplay setting). Next, I started VMWare to fire up Windows 7... downloaded the latest Spotify version for Windows... and no lucky again; same version that the one at Mac OS!

Why don't you change first the PWA Version of Spotify (Web Player)? The app that runs on all platforms!

Thanks for listening.

euamotubaina
  • I hate autoplay with all my heart. With every service, on every device. I beg you guys to not ever opt me in automatically in this kind of feature. I wish the subscription revenue was actually redirected to the musicians rather than these attention farming features. 
swansnow

"when using the Desktop App you will be able to set Autoplay"

Why do I need to use the app?? Why can't this just be part of my account/profile settings?

swansnow

@euamotubaina  I wish my $10/mo would be divided up among the artists I actually listen to.  That would be way more fair!

proxiblue

The missing autoplay has caused major distress to my child (using google nest devices)

I have (on windows) downloaded the provided spotify install direct from spotify site, AND tried the app from windows store - Neither holds this option.

I have tried / updated the Linux desktop app, it does not contain this option

Since you had announced this new feature, I would expect (at least) the version directly downloaded form spotify would be the latest, and contain the option.

Can a direct download link be provided that allows install of this new version please.

Godwhacker

No update seems to be available. I've tried downloading direct from the site but I'm still stuck on Spotify for Windows
1.1.73.517.gbef50fdb . Have you pulled the release? Come on guys if you're going to announce you've fixed it at least let us download the fix.