Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
Author

Would love that function too! +1

ArKay74
WIthout this feature audiobooks are really quite useless!
HB3

This is a must have to listen to audiobooks. Without it is terrible not to know at which position you stopped listening.

ParaDogg
Come on just implement it
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-09-11

Hey folks, we're marking this one as 'Not Right Now'. Of course if there are any changes to this we'll let you know here with another status change. Thanks!

ArKay74

Yeah, let us know when you feel like implementing this. Meanwhile I will go somewhere else.

ParaDogg

Oh it seems a very hard thing.

Bye bye Spotify Hello D***er

fossil78

I guess I will also will leave spotify, if they turn out to be not capable of solving this very very crucial thing when it comes to listening to Audiobooks. Competition has solved this, btw!

stevepony

Spotify,

I'm sorry but this is a evidence of incapacity. This thread is more than half a year old and bookmark function for audio books is still not implemented. How many years are you guys on the market yet?

Apple Music got this very simple feature implemented from the very beginning. I don't like it to praise Apple nowadays, but they and you just proved again: Apple might not be as good as they used to before - Apple products' quality dropped really bad. But they are still better than their competitors. Because competitors are incapable to think sth. out and to try hard.

You guys list audio books without a bookmark function. And you can't fix it. WTF??? WHY? There's no excuse, that's just lame.

>> Bye Spotify, back to Apple. I don't like Apple anymore, but you're just more incompetent than they are.

arni11

Hi Spotify,

stevepony is absolutely right.

On top of this desaster, you save the Chapters no. of the audiobooks at the end of the chapter name. On my Windows Phone 8 I'm even not able to see what Chapter is played now!!!????

This is App development at is worse without using a brain. How can things be implemented so bad? Why are you not able to implement some of the really nice feateres Audible has?

Oh, oh, oh,....