Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community] Remove the name "Remastered" from album and track titles by creating a stamp

Many album and track titles come with "Remastered". Is something too boring in both the album titles and the tracks: "Remastered". I took a print and marked it in red. Spotify should create a "Remastered" label and remove this from album and track titles.ffff.png

Observation:

There is another highly voted suggestion similar to mine that already has 500 votes. Link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Edit-track-metadata/idi-p/5196177/page/3#co...

The two suggestions are similar and together they count over 800 votes and are suggesting the same thing: that the album and track titles are correct and in accordance with the standard norm.

Sem título.png

What will the team do?

Updated on 2021-11-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
PSUHammer

For the love of god....please make this happen.  Those "remastered" tags on song titles clutter things up quite a bit.  Maybe have a small note on the album page that states when it was remastered instead of including it with song titles.  As a purist, I just want the song name and the album it came from.

Another annoying thing is when Spotify auto-attributes a song to a greatest hits or anthology album instead of the original release album.  I hate that.

Thenamelessthing

Indeed, it is not to say annoying that this information is written in big letters in the title of the song. There is surely a way to put this information elsewhere but less prominently. Thanks

victorjferreira

Why isn't this already done? It's been 2 years and it's something EVERYBODY wants.

"Remastered 20XX" on song/album titles are completely annoying and totally distract from the original (and clear) view of a project tracklist.

wsws

I need this added ASAP! It's been too long and I'm close to switching to Apple Music.