Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Crossfade on Spotify Connect

Please add Crossfade option while using Spotify Connect!!!

Why not have this option while using Connect???

Think of it, you use CONNECT when you want to send Spotify music to your sound system(i.e: CONNECT compatible Audio amplifier/receiver) when you're having a party. Wouldn't you want continuous playback in this kind of use??

I really do not understand why I would not be able to use this feature because I'm using the your streaming service with a compatible device which is partner with Spotify!!!

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! PLEASE! 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
D_Cas

I think  paparatzi has

Summed up why this is important in one good paragraph.

Why has it take 5 years for spotify to see this?

I wont give up!

D_Cas

From spotify itself

But we've spent the last two years reviewing a lot of speakers, so we've whittled down our favorites here to help guide you through.

Some of the more notable gadgets supporting Spotify Connect include the Sonos One, the Amazon Echo, the Google Nest speakers, the PS4 and PS5, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X, the Apple Watch, the Fitbit Versa, the Apple TV, Chromecast dongles, Roku devices and the Amazon Fire TV sticks and boxes.

Here at spotify we dont listen to our **bleep**ing customers crossfade or full functionality is not available so please do not purchase if you expect the above for any of the above devices.  Please subscribe to a differenent service that offers all the above with full functionality 

Regards

Spotify

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-08-28

Hey @flundp 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

DJFlick

I left Napster because they ignored this capability and love the crossfade on my computer and android phone. 

NOW just need it on Alexa....please!

Patrick_x

i use spotify connect with heos. unfortunately the crossfade function is deactivated here. it would be perfect if the crossfade function were possible with spotify connect.

nikkle2

please add crossfade with spotify connect 🙂

Tyler7237

Seriously, 5/6 years now? Incredibly dissapointing.. do better Spotify

-Long time user and subscriber 

DanEastwood

Mixing apps like djay no longer support Spotify. I used this as a workaround, but now I have no way to use Spotify at a Party —> big sh!t!!

Come on guys! Don’t be so lazy and implement this feature!

zeefoxy

In 2022, no news for this mandatory feature ?

I sometimes believe Spotify creators don't use their own application or they don't do enough research.