Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] [Kids] Add Spotify Connect support for Spotify Kids

When playing music through Spotify Kids, it is not possible to cast the music to a Google Chromecast audio device. This has lead to many conversations revolving around “but why can’t I put my dance party on the stereo”, and so we have to go back to the main Spotify app to get said dance party going and avert the tears 😀And with the kids stuck at home on account of school closures and lockdowns, there are a lot of dance parties happening. And they much prefer the app geared towards them than the regular app. Because the Spotify Connect feature is already implemented in the main Spotify app, it should be implemented also in the Spotify Kids app to have the same connectivity options.

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Miss-impordant

My kids have their own playlist for car trips, and I would love to see Spotify Kids on CarPlay! 

jimbose

This is definitely very much needed. I've cast my vote for this feature to be inplemented.

aftertherevolt

Likewise. was excited to see the Spotify kids so my 7 yet old could have some control our music playlists. just for her headphones for now.

Bernice74

I have seen multiple ideas all with the same request (casting Spotify Kids to devices). Given that a new idea has to reach 500 votes before it will be considered is there a way to amalgamate these ideas? The number of votes would easily reach the desired amount so that we can see some progress made on a feature that everyone with a Spotify Family account with kids under 13 wants!

PaperbackCook

Yeah, I'm going to chime in with everyone else here. Spotify's recent update to Spotify Kids allows me to share a playlist I made, which is great but useless without the ability to control which speaker the music plays from via Spotify Connect.

Please address this sometime *before* my kids are old enough to have their own account, thanks.

rainbowgblin

I also have two kids (5 and 7) who interact with Google Home devices throughout our house. We felt the older kid was ready for a (managed) Google account and his own Spotify Kids (we have Spotify Family Premium). Google Home now recognizes his voice, but no luck connecting that with Spotify Kids!

The biggest problem: If I'm listening to music while they're awake they invariably stop my music by asking Google to play their music on another speaker wherever they're playing. We can't use my Spotify profile on two devices at the same time, and Spotify Kids doesn't connect to Google Home.

This is awful! I end up listening to podcasts (not on Spotify) so they can listen to music without interrupting me. Which begs the question: why bother subscribing to Premium Family at all if we effectively can only use it collectively on the adult account?

It does bug me that the kids' content affects my preferences (A LOT, since they're the primary listeners, for the above reasons). But it's way worse that I literally CAN'T USE my account while they're awake.

Methantilus1

This 100% we got my son’s Spotify kids account set up and I was very upset that I have to use Bluetooth to connect it to out Amazon tap since connecting to Bluetooth is noisy. We use it mainly for sleep music for him and if I am trying to connect while he’s asleep it wakes him! Spotify connect won’t!

sweets5566

I am still waiting. It is so easy to implement by Devs this would likely be a decision to delay based on a business decision.

I am casting my screen to the speaker which works for now but is grossly inefficient. 

Ballerand1p

Please do add this feature. When you pay additionally for a Family account, you hope that your kids could then stream their own music to a Google Nest Mini that is in their bedroom. I know that I have started a Family account for this reason (and maybe I should have researched before paying out for it).

it would be fantastic for each of my kids to be able to do this individually to the Google Nest Mini speaker in each of their rooms.

Thank you

SquareKate

I just got the family premium because I 100% believed that spotify kids would have the ability to connect to the google home device!!

Honestly, I'm gobsmacked that this isn't already part of the app.

The connectivity is in the spotify app, it should be a simple fix.

Get onto it spotify this NEEDS to be fixed.