Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Multiple Speakers / Devices simultaneously

Now that connect is becoming available it would be nice to be able to connect to multiple outputs at the same time. For example I have 2 connect compatable speakers... it'd be great to have these in different parts of my house and be able to stream the same music to both.

I would suggest a maximum of 3 devices at the same time. This will allow for most scenarios to be catered for without streatching the bandwidth too much that it will degrade quality.

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We've discussed this idea and while it is interesting, we aren't able to prioritize it and don't have any immediate plans to implement this. We will let you know if this changes in the future.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
DanielH
Yes
kevinderrickson

I have multiple smart devices (Amazon, Google, surround sound system) that I’d like to be able to stream music on simultaneously. A feature to do this while all devices are on the same network would be nice for whole home audio. 

SpaceCowboy55

I can’t believe this feature isn’t available. In the meantime, try Airfoil. It solves for this and is cheap.

Ciarán

[deleted]

Ciarán

[deleted]

rnb420life

this is a post from 2013 make this a thing in 2020 come on how do I pay 10 dollars for lacking features

Arnout1

Please add this!

mattheck

It's a great idea. Play Spotify, pick which wifi speakers...Check check check. Done.

This eliminates the Sonos app. Win for listeners. Win for Spotify.

Yes please Spotify. 

cmahn

Just found this and would find it very useful with two devices on a kvm-switch and not having to switch the device constantly.

PoweredbyGoo

Yea lets do a "party mode" where you can play on the local network connected speakers together!