Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customize Taste Profile

ok i know ive posted ideas like this a few times before but ill try to do it right this time. maybe less detail on my situation & more on my actual idea

were almost 5 entire months into 2024 and in those months my taste drastically changed. maybe there should be a new feature that shows up on the homescreen near the top saying something like "what music do you enjoy?" in large size & "tap here to tell us your favorite genres!" in small. if the user misses it the first time they can find in search with all the other categories (preferably next to Made for You)

once the user taps/clicks they go to Taste Profile where they come across a search bar where they can search for genres they love & select them (id go for pop punk & emo in a heartbeat!). once genres are selected the algorithm only recommends content relevant to the genres. selected genres are displayed under the search bar with a X next to them--the user might stop liking a certain genre & deselect it, when they hit the X they see a "are you sure" pop up in case they accidentally tapped/clicked or instantly change their mind

the user can also scroll thru Taste Profile to see both playlist & album recommendations based on selected genres

this heavily impacts the homescreen & Made for You--homescreen only shows categories & recommendations relevant to the users favorite genres, nothing based on what they used to like months ago (example: Your Favorite Artists only shows the users followed artists who fall under their favorite genres, not top artists they dont follow associated with their old taste) and daily/genre/artist/mood/decade mixes, Discover Weekly, Release Radar & niche mixes only focus on that same relevant content (example: if genres like pop punk & dark trap are selected there might be a daily mix with pop punk artists & another with dark trap artists and niche mixes might include stuff like 2000s Rock Mix & Horrorcore Mix)

i hope i was clear enough on my idea, im confident this time i avoided everything that previously got my ideas closed

in case u were wondering what i like heres a couple playlists:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/03MTTVgtjCNoYjfcbjDKYc?si=80a11e4923a544f9

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7pj1Jfy9DJX3cWmFjDxz8r?si=9b8664ac6c1c4051