Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Airplay for the Desktop Version

I would love to have Airplay built in the app itself, so I don't need another program such as Airfoil.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

We’re always working on improving the Spotify experience across platforms, but we’re afraid we don’t have any further information to share at the moment.

We typically don't announce integrations with third parties in advance. The best place to keep an eye on is on the Newsroom blog for updates about any such partnerships.

Thanks for continuing to share your ideas!

Comments
bauke777

I decided to quit my spotify licence until this feature is added to spotify

Shaunio

+1,000,000 for AirPlay. Or at least a reason as to why on earth it hasn't been incorporated. No premo account for me until this is the case...

miljbee

+1 for airplay (and/or upnp/dlna)

Geppos

+1

PE

Have anyone e-mailed Spotify and asked if it's on its way???

ashorlivs

Yeah well.

I just ended up with paying $25 to Rogue Amoeba...

koexistens

Add this please! iTunes have had it for a long time now!

It would be the ultimate way to play music for me and many others!

heinecke

Gimme Airplay. Atm many people just buy Airfoil to make Spotify Airplay-capable...

Rorey
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Outside of unofficial work-arounds, Airplay in Spotify isn't supported because Apple doesn't have an Airplay API.  However, I believe they're releasing one with OSX 10.8 a.k.a. Mountain Lion later this summer.

We'll keep you posted closer to that time. 

berich

Yes...PLEASE!! I want to be mobile....manage my music from my iphone while playing it through out the house. Pandora and iTunes has had it for quite a while. Would get Airfoil but think that is only to stream from a PC or Mac to other devices and speakers. It doesn't give me the mobility. If I'm wrong...please somebody let me know.