[Desktop] Mac Widget

There used to be a mini player you could minimize spotify to on desktop that disappeared a few years ago - can you bring that back?

Updated on 2020-01-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Guido
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

gelbma0991
Visitor

I wonder if spotify will take into account the thousands of votes on a similar closed topic?

I'm literally trying to work right now and all I want to be able to do is see what is playing so I can either skip or not?! I keep having to switch windows, which is reducing my productivity!

Sure even just having a 'now playing' line on the dock menu would be helpful?

(I still think it's ridiculous that there's a 10k limit on liked songs as well. Just throwing that out there since I'm nearing over 10 years of spotify use and I'm reaching my limit of liked songs. I don't have time to be going through and deciding if I want to keep or delete songs!! )

christianmoore
Visitor

With Big Sur's new widget this would be great to have a 'Now Playing' and simple controls

jawads
Visitor

Yes please, need this. 

version_13

Need this soooo much.

ClintonAClarke

The Mac was able to handle this in regular 'media is playing' widget before Big Sir, and now I can't quickly access it anymore 😞 There is also no Music widget.