Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Following] Shuffle Songs from followed Artists

This feature has already been suggested a few times since 2014 (maybe even before that)! 
It's a feature on iTunes since when Britney Spears was a hit (the first time)!
Winamp did it way before that (remember Winamp!?). 

It's 2018… Almost 19 and we're still unable to play songs from every artist we follow in shuffle. I don't want to (and can't even) save every song from every artist on a playlist. Who'd do that?! 

It seems like such a small thing to implement that not doing it seems almost lazy.
I KNOW you aren't lazy. Pleaaaaaase don't let me dooooown!
Thanks 🙂 

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
s8o-sl_61u8i

It is completely insane to me that this feature still doesn't exist.  I have over 600 followed artists from a wide range of genres.  Following individual songs or albums to shuffle is not really an option, but shuffling the artist is.  Please make this a reality.

snejk85

Came on Spotify - this shouldn’t be so hard to implement! Users request this from you for more than 5 years now and it’s not okay from you to tease people with “get 100 votes/year over X years to implement this”. Idea is good and usable and you should know that no matter the number of votes. Do it or just say you won’t!

I’m new on Spotify and see the potential but don’t plan to stay long without this BASIC feature.

P.S. Would be fun to see how many people who voted for this idea in this and older threads is still active on Spotify - I’d say you lost the big majority..

Darth_GTB

Yes, please. 2021 and this is still not a feature. C'mon guys, this can't be that hard... You guys made the most difficult part which is that algorithm. What is going on? Are you afraid people would just put the artists they actually enjoy on shuffle and never use your algorithm again?

Ok, I'll give you guys an idea. It feels by now (after what, 7 years?) that we will need to negotiate with you about this feature. You don't want to add a play button to play everything? Fine. Don't do that. Instead make it possible to add whole artists to playlists. Sure, I would still have to drag and drop 120 artists to a playlist and keep in mind any new artist I add I need to add there as well, but at least I won't have to drag and drop 10k songs.

This would also help me organize artists the way I've been doing since the advent of mp3 files, which is to create playlists by country/state of artist origins

Thanks

Darth_GTB

@DarienBarbarian

I see in their page that Spotify has an API. That means there might be more apps and sites doing that so I might as well try it out. I'm a programmer and I would like to test my skills. This should be a fun project...

If more people are interested, here is the API page:

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Winter1980

I registered on here just to say that I'm extremely glad this is being looked at and I'm honestly quite shocked this option still doesn't exist. I recently decided to try out the duo plan with my wife and I've been follow the artists that I like. When searching how to shuffle all songs from all followed artists, I finally came to this thread which confirms that Spotify just can't do that without an insane amount of manual inputs from me aka putting everything into a playlist. I hope this continues to get traction and eventually makes it to the platform. This is my preferred way to listen to my music and will simply leave if the platform continues to restrict me in this fashion.

Taiway

What da f***, we are in 2021 abd this function not realized yet!!! May be, it's signal for switch on youtube-music...

ayyyy_lmao

yeah that's it for me, switching to better service, imagine not implementing such a simple feature people have been asking for since 2014 😂

candisfl30

I couldn't agree more!  I used to have this functionality back when I used Rhapsody years ago.  Please add this Spotify 🙂

jah80534

I've canceled my premium subscription and am going back to using Pandora because they have this feature and have had it for years. Keep up with the competition!