Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full screen artwork (for those late nite jams)

So.... it's Friday night, your friends are round, you've sorted your music for the night by queuing a shedload of music.... now we're on 'Play Queue' and I'm stuck looking at the interface - boring! It's time for some atmosphere - no need for fancy visualisers, just give me a 'full screen' option on the artwork for the current song!

Maybe we could even flip it over and read the back cover & credits too!!

Just like the old vinyl days.....

Updated on 2017-08-24

Hey @MandaGee this has now been implemented on our Desktop app. If you click on the full screen icon to the right side of the Play Bar, you'll get the artwork in full screen. Enjoy!

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 1.56.19 PM (2).png

Comments
juantwothree

I'm pretty new to Spotify - I transferred over from Rdio for the mostly-better UI, and mostly-better music range. I'm mostly-happy with my decision, but this feature would definitely push me a long way to very happy.

Artists spend a lot of time and money on creating really great artwork, and a lot of the time it can help set the mood for an album or track, so I don't think it's fair to relegate the artwork to a tiny thumbnail.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2015-09-16

Hey folks, Staff here. We wanted to post again as this idea hadn't received an update in some time. We don't currently have plans to implement this idea so we're keeping the status as 'Not Right Now'. However please continue to leave kudos and comments and if this idea continues to grow we'll keep bringing it back to the internal teams at Spotify. 

Thanks for continuing to bring your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Kapitein187

I really don't understand why you don't have any plans for this... This should be a no brainer for a music program..

The phone apps (iOS and Android) have this function, so do the apps on Samsung TV's, and you leave it out on the PC version even after it is clear the comunity wants it?

tipar

At least some kind of visualiation, iTunes like wich goes with the music.

tommyg82

Full Screen Album Art, or artwork related to the song/album/artist would be amazing. I used XBMC/KODI for the longest time as my media player back when I did a lot of itunes and ripped cds. It was great just having artist related artwork slowly cycling through as a full screen effect as the music played in the back ground. Would really really really really love to see this in Spotify on the PC app.

pedrorivera

nothing yet? 😞

Keilibri

This doesnt make sense to me too... How about a Vote, who would use this fullscreenmode. So you guys could see, how much the community wants it :I

briantrease

Please, please, please.  This is a no-brainer.

jdelveaux

Yeah, I didn't know about this post but I look for this like once every couple of months or so to see if someone created an inferface for the desktop client or anything. Haven't seen anything yet. Would love to have this idea actually implemented, like the post says, all I need is the album artwork not fancy visuals.

RJterlaan

Same here, i suggest spotify includes it in the desktop/mac app before people code it themselves.