Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Give us the option to revert playlists from "Made for [name]" to the public one.

Some official Spotify playlists are curated by the Spotify team and they are great.

Other official Spotify playlists are customized to the user, and they will show a "Made for [Your Name]" right below the title. Usually for me, these playlists are just a bad combination of songs I already am suggested way too much, and do not even fit the 'genre' or 'mood' of the playlists, compared to the genuine original playlist. 

For example: 
If I go to the song radio for "No Surprises" by Radiohead, a soft rock song. Spotify puts two rap song I like, and a metal song I like into this playlist, which has nothing to do with soft rock.  (Left Playlist)

If I look at that same playlist when I am signed out, I can see the original un-personalized playlist and the playlist is perfect, it has the right songs and the right mood.  (Right Playlist)

Screenshot 2024-05-13 015340.png
Comments
RossEron

I agree wholeheartedly. I like to use playlists and artist radio to discover new songs and artists, but the "for you" feature makes that very difficult. For example, if I put on The Cure Radio, I want to hear songs by artists that are similar to the Cure, not a bunch of random songs I've listened to over the past few weeks with a few Cure songs mixed in.

barada0

This would be wonderful.